Christie_M Posted December 5, 2008 Posted December 5, 2008 So yeah, this is the thread for the class of '09 seniors. Let's hear it for SATs, College addmitions, and all that good stuff!!
icelandic_iceskater Posted December 5, 2008 Posted December 5, 2008 Woo!! ACT in a week... (haven't taken it yet) already applied to some colleges, working on scholarship apps right now...
MissyP89 Posted December 5, 2008 Posted December 5, 2008 I'm graduating with my Associate's degree in Journalism this May and transferring for my Bachelor's!
Christie_M Posted December 5, 2008 Author Posted December 5, 2008 I have SATs this saturday!! lol I've decided that I'm going to a community college. I've already taken some college classes during high school (some cool program the high school and college had) and so I have a few credits at that place now...unfortunatly. anyways. I'm applying for financial aid aswell! I used that fastwebs site you were talking about icelandic mentioned once. I hope so anyways haha
Christie_M Posted December 11, 2008 Author Posted December 11, 2008 I wonder how many Seniors we have on here? Post if you are one!
Arpy Posted December 11, 2008 Posted December 11, 2008 Being homeschooled through high school, graduating at sixteen, and attending a community college fulltime with the intention of then attending a four-year college makes for a great deal of confusion. While I am junior-aged, I also have graduated, plus I'm like a freshman or something at college. I have as yet been unable to come up with a word that adequately sums up my predicament. Nonconformist, maybe.
pan!c139 Posted December 11, 2008 Posted December 11, 2008 I'm class of 2010...I feel so left out I [i]could[/i] graduate if I wanted to, as I am WAY over what I'm supposed to have for credits...
Christie_M Posted December 12, 2008 Author Posted December 12, 2008 [quote name='Arpy' post='1725580' date='Dec 11 2008, 01:25 PM']Being homeschooled through high school, graduating at sixteen, and attending a community college fulltime with the intention of then attending a four-year college makes for a great deal of confusion. While I am junior-aged, I also have graduated, plus I'm like a freshman or something at college. I have as yet been unable to come up with a word that adequately sums up my predicament. Nonconformist, maybe.[/quote] Nonconformist definatly words it right What an awsom achievment, Arpy!! what college do you intened on transfering to? [quote name='pan!c139' post='1725609' date='Dec 11 2008, 02:09 PM']I'm class of 2010...I feel so left out I [i]could[/i] graduate if I wanted to, as I am WAY over what I'm supposed to have for credits...[/quote] Can i have some of those credits? I need like, 50 extra credit credits (if THAT makes any sence lol)
Arpy Posted December 12, 2008 Posted December 12, 2008 [quote name='Christie_M' post='1726207' date='Dec 11 2008, 06:21 PM']Nonconformist definatly words it right What an awsom achievment, Arpy!! what[/quote] I'm looking into solid Catholic colleges for the most part. FUS, AMU, mayyybe Christendom. The only drawback to those is that they're all out-of-state and so would cost even more $$ for tuition. So I'm also considering an in-state one with what I've been told is a great Newman center.
Christie_M Posted December 12, 2008 Author Posted December 12, 2008 [quote name='Arpy' post='1726248' date='Dec 11 2008, 08:42 PM']I'm looking into solid Catholic colleges for the most part. FUS, AMU, mayyybe Christendom. The only drawback to those is that they're all out-of-state and so would cost even more $$ for tuition. So I'm also considering an in-state one with what I've been told is a great Newman center.[/quote] FUS is pretty avrage at about $20,000ish a year. I'm not sure about AMU and Christendom, haven't really looked at those schools. Do you know if FUS takes community college credits? That'd be pretty cool if they did 'cause I don't wan to repeat some classes [quote name='pan!c139' post='1726279' date='Dec 11 2008, 09:08 PM']Haha. I would if I could.[/quote] Fine. I'll just have to do my owwwn work then haha
Arpy Posted December 12, 2008 Posted December 12, 2008 I've heard that they do take community college credits, which is good news. Somebody told me the exact conversion rate, but I forget what it is.
Christie_M Posted December 12, 2008 Author Posted December 12, 2008 That is definatly good to hear. Every time i try and call FUS and ask, something ALWAYS happends and I can't get through. I'm taking it as a sign lol
Christie_M Posted December 13, 2008 Author Posted December 13, 2008 yeah i will. but then if i don't graduate it'll be all your fault and I'll keep telling you that in the line to recieve our deplomas. "it's all your fault. i just needed 5 more credits." hehe <hug>
Christie_M Posted December 15, 2008 Author Posted December 15, 2008 So i found this new site thing where you make a profile, like facebook or whatever, and colleges come and "recrute" you. meaning they look at your profile based on what you have there and send you some info about them. Lots of colleges like me lol www.zinch.com and its free. so it's cooler
salterrae Posted December 15, 2008 Posted December 15, 2008 JM + JT Senior baby... ... with a bad case of senior-itis. Got a 29 on my ACT a while ago, so college down here in Florida is free for me (except annoying private schools like UM ). Going to a used-to-be community college's honors program, though, since its free and they give me my scholarship money back. Can you say MacBook? After undergrad, I have no idea... Until then I give up on all classes minus the AP ones. So that leaves... Law Studies, Journalism, and Honors Theology. Great...
Christie_M Posted December 16, 2008 Author Posted December 16, 2008 what kind of school do you go to??
salterrae Posted December 16, 2008 Posted December 16, 2008 JM + JT [quote name='Christie_M' post='1728793' date='Dec 15 2008, 08:10 PM'] what kind of school do you go to??[/quote] Catholic school... why? o_O
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now