An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kennedy Seeks Senate Seat

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

[quote name='kujo' post='1732036' date='Dec 19 2008, 02:09 PM']How do they know whether or not she voted? That seems slightly odd...[/quote]
"they" know EVERYTHING...

...you are being watched right now, kujo! :ninja:

She is way more qualified than Hilary and the other carpetbaggers that are typically NY Senators. She actually has lived most of her life in NY.

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1732122' date='Dec 19 2008, 05:09 PM']"they" know EVERYTHING...

...you are being watched right now, kujo! :ninja:[/quote]

[i]I always feel like...somebody's watching meeee!![/i]

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1733380' date='Dec 21 2008, 08:06 PM']This is one of the many problems associated with filling the executive branch with people from the legislative branch.[/quote]

How so?

[quote name='Hassan' post='1733461' date='Dec 21 2008, 09:45 PM']How so?[/quote]

Mid-term appointments to positions in the legislative branch mean an elected position is filled by an unelected person who then has a huge incumbency advantage when election time does come.

It leads to inexperienced and unqualified people in government (Ms. Kennedy) ... and graft/corruption (Illinois).

I am also of the opinion that a career in the legislative branch is relatively poor preparation for executive government. The branches purposes are so different, and it is rather rare for people to be traded between them via elections.

+J.M.J.+
[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/23/nyregion/23kennedy.html?_r=2&emc=eta1"]Kennedy Declines to Disclose[/url]
[quote]If she were applying to be, say, an undersecretary of education in Barack Obama’s new administration, Caroline Kennedy would have to fill out a 63-item confidential questionnaire disclosing potentially embarrassing text messages and diary entries, the immigration status of her household staff, even copies of every résumé she used in the last 10 years.

If she were running for election to the Senate, Ms. Kennedy would have to file a 10-part, publicly available report disclosing her financial assets, credit card debts, mortgages, book deals and the sources of any payments greater than $5,000 in the last three years.

But Ms. Kennedy, who has asked Gov. David A. Paterson to appoint her to succeed Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton — and who helped oversee the vetting process for Mr. Obama’s possible running mates — is declining to provide a variety of basic data, including companies she has a stake in and whether she has ever been charged with a crime.If she were applying to be, say, an undersecretary of education in Barack Obama’s new administration, Caroline Kennedy would have to fill out a 63-item confidential questionnaire disclosing potentially embarrassing text messages and diary entries, the immigration status of her household staff, even copies of every résumé she used in the last 10 years.

If she were running for election to the Senate, Ms. Kennedy would have to file a 10-part, publicly available report disclosing her financial assets, credit card debts, mortgages, book deals and the sources of any payments greater than $5,000 in the last three years.

But Ms. Kennedy, who has asked Gov. David A. Paterson to appoint her to succeed Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton — and who helped oversee the vetting process for Mr. Obama’s possible running mates — is declining to provide a variety of basic data, including companies she has a stake in and whether she has ever been charged with a crime.[/quote]
she says she'll disclose [b]after[/b] she's appointed. :rolleyes:

She has always been a very private person, and I think for good reason. In the same situation, I wouldn't disclose anything until I was required to.