An Old School Catholic Message Board

Continuing To Celebrate Christmas

tinytherese

Archaeology cat

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1738885' date='Dec 30 2008, 04:22 PM']I'm wishing everyone on facebook a Merry Christmas all the way through to the bitter end![/quote]
Same here. I update it daily to say which day of Christmas it is. :) The decorations are still up, and I've been doing my best to make it to daily Mass.

LouisvilleFan

I've been thinking it would be a cool idea to borrow a bit from the Eastern tradition by saving a gift or two to open on Epiphany. That would provide a little continuity beyond Christmas and give you a little something to look forward to.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1741351' date='Jan 2 2009, 10:21 AM']I've been thinking it would be a cool idea to borrow a bit from the Eastern tradition by saving a gift or two to open on Epiphany. That would provide a little continuity beyond Christmas and give you a little something to look forward to.[/quote]
Lets think of gifts and stuff to do for Epiphany. Any ideas?

Gold, frankincense and myrrh. I guess that would translate to jewelry and perfume. A holiday made for the ladies.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1741419' date='Jan 2 2009, 12:44 PM']Gold, frankincense and myrrh. I guess that would translate to jewelry and perfume. A holiday made for the ladies.[/quote]
YES!!!!

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1742899' date='Jan 4 2009, 08:24 PM']In the Byzantine tradition the Baptism of the Lord is celebrated on Theophany (6 January).[/quote]

Do they also call it Epiphany, or is it just coincidentally on the same day?

Theophany is sometimes called Epiphany in the East, but the feast in the East commemorates the Lord's baptism and the consequent revelation of the Holy Trinity brought about by that mystery.