An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama's Presidency

Saint Therese

O'bama's Presidency  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1738485' date='Dec 29 2008, 08:52 PM']I think, fairly soon, hilary is going to be very happy that she didn't get elected.[/quote]

Sadly, yes.

Although I feel that she, if she had won the presidency, would have been much better able to handle anything that came up.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1738539' date='Dec 30 2008, 01:02 AM']Sadly, yes.

Although I feel that she, if she had won the presidency, would have been much better able to handle anything that came up.[/quote]
Yep, she certainly would not bury herself in thinktanks or ivory tower "experts".

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1738619' date='Dec 30 2008, 02:37 AM']Yep, she certainly would not bury herself in thinktanks or ivory tower "experts".[/quote]

Sure she would. It is the Clinton way.

Saint Therese

I agree that Hillary would have made a more capable President (though still objectionable).

I think the economic situation is MUCH worse than anyone really gets. Also, I think O'bama is WAY over his head. I think his political career thusfar has been one where he was basically treated with kid gloves because there were big people with big bucks who wanted to see him elected. I think that once he's sworn in he'll face a different reality,and it will be brutal. Canyou imagine him negotiating with Putin??

Edited by Saint Therese

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1740075' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:38 PM']I agree that Hillary would have made a more capable President (though still objectionable).

I think the economic situation is MUCH worse than anyone really gets. Also, I think O'bama is WAY over his head. I think his political career thusfar has been one where he was basically treated with kid gloves because there were big people with big bucks who wanted to see him elected. I think that once he's sworn in he'll face a different reality,and it will be brutal. Canyou imagine him negotiating with Putin??[/quote]

I think 99.99% of us would be in over our heads in this economic crisis.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1740075' date='Dec 31 2008, 08:38 PM']I agree that Hillary would have made a more capable President (though still objectionable).

I think the economic situation is MUCH worse than anyone really gets. Also, I think O'bama is WAY over his head. I think his political career thusfar has been one where he was basically treated with kid gloves because there were big people with big bucks who wanted to see him elected. I think that once he's sworn in he'll face a different reality,and it will be brutal. Canyou imagine him negotiating with Putin??[/quote]

I agree that his national political career has been a cakewalk thus far, with Obama clearly being on the road to the White House ever since the 2004 DNC. Still, maybe he will be able to pull through for us. We have to hope he does because, if he doesn't, things will get even worse than they are right now.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1740077' date='Dec 31 2008, 08:41 PM']I think 99.99% of us would be in over our heads in this economic crisis.[/quote]

Touche.

Nihil Obstat

I don't think it would be so wrong to hope that he at least does some things right in his presidency.
Clearly we're never going to like him, but that doesn't mean he'll be incapable of doing good things.
Most of all, we need to pray for him. :) We were all doing that before though, I'm sure. ;)

One positive thing that may come of his presidency is restoring the international good will towards the United States. On Sept. 11th, everyone was pro-US, and offered us their condolences. In the years since then....not so much. Bush's administration has squandered most of that goodwill. I think Obama will be popular and well-liked abroad...at least, until he does anything....

Hey, I have to try to put a positive spin on this, right?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='MithLuin' post='1742609' date='Jan 4 2009, 08:21 AM']Hey, I have to try to put a positive spin on this, right?[/quote]
Someone has to try. :)
As much as I hate saying good things about him, there's one thing that encourages me. He's planning on getting troops out of Iraq (remember, the Vatican was against that invasion from the start), and he's sending way more to Afghanistan. Now, the Iraq thing is not a big issue for me, being from Canada. I don't know the entirety of the debate surrounding it, but I know Afghanistan, and I want that job done properly. I think it has potential, and we shouldn't leave the Afghanis hanging.