An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Divine Miss Winfrey?

eagle_eye222001

Oprah  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1758277' date='Jan 22 2009, 12:42 AM']Her show is one big commercial because she's always selling stuff. Plus its not exactly aimed at the critical thinker.[/quote]
Do you think she would recognize critical thinking?

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1757874' date='Jan 21 2009, 06:14 PM']Stars rise and fall eventually. I'm not really a fan, she's a big promoter of 1. Herself and
2. New Age stuff.[/quote]

She's not a qualified counselor of any sort to my knowledge either. Just a lady that knows how to talk.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1758474' date='Jan 22 2009, 10:06 AM']Do you think she would recognize critical thinking?[/quote]

I'm sure people are carefully screened so they don't end up with real answers on the show. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1758553' date='Jan 22 2009, 01:13 PM']I guess nobody loves her, poor Oprah :cry:[/quote]

It's not that we [b]hate [/b]her, I acknowledge that she must have been a pretty good talk show host to get to her popularity level, but the last several years, she has not shown real substance and has subscribed to [i]New Age-ish[/i] propaganda. <_<

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1758936' date='Jan 22 2009, 10:24 PM']I refuse to drink the kool aid.[/quote]

You don't wanna join the bandwagon? :sadder:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/story+of+the+year/track/the+antidote"]Story Of The Year - The Antidote[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]