Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is awesome.

eagle_eye222001
Posted

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1761695' date='Jan 25 2009, 07:17 PM']you really should learn to play euchre one of these days. :yes:[/quote]

I probably should. Next time I'm web-surfing, I'll check some sites about it.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/creed/track/never+die"]Creed - Never Die[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]


[quote name='notardillacid' post='1762190' date='Jan 26 2009, 03:36 AM']Eagle_Eye222001

I am willing to play you on my terms.

1. Until you beat me in a series of no fewer than 7 games, you will get rid of your slanderous signature.

2. I don't have a lot of spare time, so the games will likely have to extend over a longer period of time than just one sitting.

If you beat me on these terms I will concede to you that repugnant signature's claims[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I dunno. I have a couple quick questions.

1. How was I supposed to know that you were the "current" champ? :huh:

2. I did say "Unofficial" sooooooooooo yeeeeaaaahhh :))

Alright. I agree to a match of at least 7 games. How about 10? Each player gets 5 with each respected color.

Condition number two is fine. What time control are we talking here? G/15? G/20? G/10?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I am going to have to think on your demand that I change my signature. While I do that, get back with me on the time control. Also we need to decide who gets white first.

My demands.

Since this match is being taken seriously, I do not want to play anything slower than G/5.

Each player gets black and white same number of times with it being alternating throughout the match.

If after 10 games the score is tied (win gets one point, draw gets a half, loss gets nothing), then we'll determine the winner by having an Armageddon Match

I get a free Imos's Pizza for every game I play.

And my last demand is that we create an official Match Thread to display all game notation and results with optional commentary by us.

I'll get back to you with the signature.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/foo+fighters/track/let+it+die"]Foo Fighters - Let It Die[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

eagle_eye222001
Posted

[quote name='Winchester' post='1762324' date='Jan 26 2009, 12:06 PM']This is awesome.[/quote]

Isn't it! :topsy:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/foo+fighters/track/let+it+die"]Foo Fighters - Let It Die[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Posted

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1762434' date='Jan 26 2009, 02:18 PM']I probably should. Next time I'm web-surfing, I'll check some sites about it.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/creed/track/never+die"]Creed - Never Die[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]




Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I dunno. I have a couple quick questions.

1. How was I supposed to know that you were the "current" champ? :huh:

2. I did say "Unofficial" sooooooooooo yeeeeaaaahhh :))

Alright. I agree to a match of at least 7 games. How about 10? Each player gets 5 with each respected color.

Condition number two is fine. What time control are we talking here? G/15? G/20? G/10?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I am going to have to think on your demand that I change my signature. While I do that, get back with me on the time control. Also we need to decide who gets white first.

My demands.

Since this match is being taken seriously, I do not want to play anything slower than G/5.

Each player gets black and white same number of times with it being alternating throughout the match.

If after 10 games the score is tied (win gets one point, draw gets a half, loss gets nothing), then we'll determine the winner by having an Armageddon Match

I get a free Imos's Pizza for every game I play.

And my last demand is that we create an official Match Thread to display all game notation and results with optional commentary by us.

I'll get back to you with the signature.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/foo+fighters/track/let+it+die"]Foo Fighters - Let It Die[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]
Pick up pinochle over euchre. Far superior.

I refuse to negotiate until your abominable signature is gone. :cool:

Posted

anybody a scrabble fan? :unsure:

Posted

I like scrabble :mellow:

Posted

i have the super-deluxe edition :ninja:

Posted

[size=1]I hate scrabble!
I cant spell very well! :cry:
[/size]

Posted

everyone knows that I'm better at chess than squirrelboy... there were at least 12 games you never been me at ;)

eagle_eye222001
Posted

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1763333' date='Jan 27 2009, 08:40 AM']Pick up pinochle over euchre. Far superior.

I refuse to negotiate until your abominable signature is gone. :cool:[/quote]

:cool:

I agree to that demand. However, my demands must also be met.


1. The match must be at least 8 games in length with each person alternating colors each game.

2. The time control must be no quicker than G/10 and no slower than G/30.

3. The winner of the match will be determined by whoever gets ta majority of the points possible first. So if its an 8 game match, the winner is whomever gets more than 4 points first (win gets one point, draw gets a half.)

4. In the event of a tied match, there will be a sudden death blitz game with a time control of G/5. In the event of a draw, this will repeat until someone wins.

5. I get white the first round.

6. The games will be played on Yahoo Standard Chess, and instructions will be posted on the official match thread on how to watch the games.

7. If an opponent refuses to play a game and/or drops out, the other person may claim the Phatmass Winter Chess Championship title. However, this may not be claimed until the match lasts more weeks than the number of games.

8. No more than one match game per day. I am thinking a couple a week. Maybe set two nights out of the week and a particular time. While this will not be set in stone, this will provided an outline to plan on.

9. No computer engines may be used to assist nor may chess material used while a match game is going on. Neither may someone help you. I realize this is more honor system than enforceable.

10. Disconnect during a game is not an automatic forfeit, as the game is not forfeited until the time runs out.

You ready? :huh:


[quote name='Aloysius' post='1763420' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:08 PM']everyone knows that I'm better at chess than squirrelboy... there were at least 12 games you never been me at ;)[/quote]

Another challenger? :duel:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/harry+gregson-williams/track/the+stone+table"]Harry Gregson-Williams - The Stone Table[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

eagle_eye222001
Posted

Received confirmation that notardillacid has agreed to "do battle."

Still need to work out a few details.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/flobots/track/handlebars"]Flobots - Handlebars[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Posted

Maybe we should set up an entire PM tournament and see who wants in?

eagle_eye222001
Posted

[quote name='XIX' post='1764967' date='Jan 28 2009, 07:57 PM']Maybe we should set up an entire PM tournament and see who wants in?[/quote]

A possibility. I take it you would be interested?

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/switchfoot/track/stars"]Switchfoot - Stars[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

eagle_eye222001
Posted

So, we gonna plan this or what? :mellow:

If we don't get this off the ground within a week, my old signature goes back up.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/creed/track/never+die"]Creed - Never Die[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Posted

My apologies for the delay, my professors all think that I'm only taking one class, so they give disproportionate amounts of work. I think next Friday or Saturday is going to be the earliest that I will have sufficient free time to dominate the chess world. Is this just a personal thing or did it expand to an entire Phatmass tournament?

dauntingknight
Posted (edited)

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1761100' date='Jan 25 2009, 05:01 AM']You claim the title of Undefeated, undisputed chess champion. Yet it is I, Ardillacid, who defeated all challengers, especially Aloysius the Ignorant, in a way most humiliating as well as befitting true justice given by a servant of Lady Justice, and made Phatmass's peasants subservient to mine person. The title Phatmass Champion of Chess belongs solely to me. You shall renounce the title until dUSt (who is just plain bad at chess) puts chess on Phatmass once again. This I demand of you and your honor :monk: :japanese:[/quote]
I accept! :starwars:

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1762190' date='Jan 26 2009, 03:36 AM']Eagle_Eye222001

I am willing to play you on my terms.

1. Until you beat me in a series of no fewer than 7 games, you will get rid of your slanderous signature.

2. I don't have a lot of spare time, so the games will likely have to extend over a longer period of time than just one sitting.

If you beat me on these terms I will concede to you that repugnant signature's claims[/quote]
You need to study bro

[quote name='rachael' post='1763335' date='Jan 27 2009, 08:43 AM']anybody a scrabble fan? :unsure:[/quote]
CHESS! :getaclue:

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1763420' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:08 PM']everyone knows that I'm better at chess than squirrelboy... there were at least 12 games you never been me at ;)[/quote]
l am right underneath eagle eye on chess because he is the person who took me under his wing to teach me how to play and win at Chess.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1763536' date='Jan 27 2009, 02:07 PM']:cool:

I agree to that demand. However, my demands must also be met.


1. The match must be at least 8 games in length with each person alternating colors each game.

2. The time control must be no quicker than G/10 and no slower than G/30.

3. The winner of the match will be determined by whoever gets ta majority of the points possible first. So if its an 8 game match, the winner is whomever gets more than 4 points first (win gets one point, draw gets a half.)

4. In the event of a tied match, there will be a sudden death blitz game with a time control of G/5. In the event of a draw, this will repeat until someone wins.

5. I get white the first round.

6. The games will be played on Yahoo Standard Chess, and instructions will be posted on the official match thread on how to watch the games.

7. If an opponent refuses to play a game and/or drops out, the other person may claim the Phatmass Winter Chess Championship title. However, this may not be claimed until the match lasts more weeks than the number of games.

8. No more than one match game per day. I am thinking a couple a week. Maybe set two nights out of the week and a particular time. While this will not be set in stone, this will provided an outline to plan on.

9. No computer engines may be used to assist nor may chess material used while a match game is going on. Neither may someone help you. I realize this is more honor system than enforceable.

10. Disconnect during a game is not an automatic forfeit, as the game is not forfeited until the time runs out.

You ready? :huh:




Another challenger? :duel:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/harry+gregson-williams/track/the+stone+table"]Harry Gregson-Williams - The Stone Table[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]
Let's see the notation! Eagle_eye
I DEMAND satisfaction or I am a COWARD!!!!! :starwars: :loco: :numchucks:

Edited by dauntingknight
eagle_eye222001
Posted

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1766092' date='Jan 29 2009, 07:29 PM']My apologies for the delay, my professors all think that I'm only taking one class, so they give disproportionate amounts of work. I think next Friday or Saturday is going to be the earliest that I will have sufficient free time to dominate the chess world. Is this just a personal thing or did it expand to an entire Phatmass tournament?[/quote]

That's cool. I have three tests next week so anything before that wouldn't work.

Someone had an idea to have a Phatmass wide chess tournament. However I think we should go through with our match and then I'll set up a thread and see if others are interested in a site-wide tournament.

Anyway, when your ready to figure out the minor details, just post. Thanks for letting my know about your overload of work. I won't expect to get started till the end of next week sometime.

Till then. !

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/howard+shore/track/the+ring+goes+south"]Howard Shore - The Ring Goes South[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Posted

mmm. scrabble.

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

we use to have an arcade and chess on phatmass...those were the days...of titles and champions! haha

dauntingknight
Posted (edited)

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1766108' date='Jan 29 2009, 07:41 PM']That's cool. I have three tests next week so anything before that wouldn't work.

Someone had an idea to have a Phatmass wide chess tournament. However I think we should go through with our match and then I'll set up a thread and see if others are interested in a site-wide tournament.

Anyway, when your ready to figure out the minor details, just post. Thanks for letting my know about your overload of work. I won't expect to get started till the end of next week sometime.

Till then. !

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/howard+shore/track/the+ring+goes+south"]Howard Shore - The Ring Goes South[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]
Let's all ask Dust if he could bring chess back to the website 'cause that will be cool.

[quote name='rachael' post='1766110' date='Jan 29 2009, 07:47 PM']mmm. scrabble.[/quote]
No scrabble! Chess is the light of the world (under God of course).

Edited by dauntingknight

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...