An Old School Catholic Message Board

Celebrities Irk Me

Lil Red

+J.M.J.+
so in general, celebrities really irk me. they're self-obsessed, think that they should opine about everything about which they have no right to (i.e. Tom Cruise & psychology & drugs). so today, i see [url="http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/01/25/2009-01-25_curious_case_of_benjamin_button_star_bra.html"]this article[/url] in which Brad Pitt says he didn't 'sign up for' stardom :rolleyes: puhleeze! <_<

[quote name='rachael' post='1761177' date='Jan 25 2009, 01:40 PM']im watching juno[/quote]

I've heard it's a good movie

What irks me are the ones who have opinions on deep topics like psychiatry or environmental science, who get basically international coverage on talk shows, that are high school drop outs. I don't want a high school drop out or an English lit major talking people into going off their medicines.

Saint Therese

It ticks me off because they think that because they make movies people care about what they think . I for one dont'. AT ALL.
Some of the really liberal activist ones become megolamaniacal. You can see that their political ideological fervor is really a quasi religious fervor. Kinda scary.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1761173' date='Jan 25 2009, 01:36 PM']+J.M.J.+
so in general, celebrities really irk me. they're self-obsessed, think that they should opine about everything about which they have no right to (i.e. Tom Cruise & psychology & drugs). so today, i see [url="http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/01/25/2009-01-25_curious_case_of_benjamin_button_star_bra.html"]this article[/url] in which Brad Pitt says he didn't 'sign up for' stardom :rolleyes: puhleeze! <_<[/quote]

we are not all that bad :mellow:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1761416' date='Jan 25 2009, 04:40 PM']we are not all that bad :mellow:[/quote]
they are just jealous :mellow:

Edited by rachael

Saint Therese

Does anyone else wonder how people with absolutely no talent can become successful and famous? Perhaps it has something to do with the evil lifestyles and behavior they embrace.
The devil raises up his own.

In Victorian times, actors were looked on as in the same class as prostitutes. Decent people didn't want to rub elbows with them back stage.

[quote name='rachael' post='1761422' date='Jan 25 2009, 04:44 PM']they are just jealous :mellow:[/quote]

totally.

I trust you will be coming to the weekly meeting tomorrow?

I hear that ultra fresh, volcano filtered, vitamin 13b bottled water from Slovenia will be served with synthetic, enviormentally friendly salad this time something to look foreward to. :topsy:

Assuming Ben doesn't hog it all again :annoyed: