CatholicCrusader Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 [url="http://www.olrl.org/snt_docs/dancing.html"]St. John Vianney on Dancing[/url] "Dancing is one of those things that is so commonplace that we have become "spiritually immune" to its evils. Here the Cure puts dancing in its proper perspective. Read this sermon and think of other things that have become so ingrained in our culture that we do not realize their sinfulness, such as women wearing pants, and get them out of your lives! Sure, some foolish worldlings might look on you with contempt, but that is part of being Catholic." I encourage everyone to read what this most holy Saint has to say about (especially teenage) dances. God bless you all!
cathgirl Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 I'm not going. My mom wouldn't let me, even if someone did ask me though. That's okay, I don't have any $$ to spend anyway!!!
HomeTeamFamily Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 my roommate is going to his fourth straight prom....his girlfriend is two years behind him so he went to his junior and senior prom when she was a fresh and soph...and now he is going with her to her junior and senior proms....i think thats kind of funny,....he was talking about breaking this one kids record of 6 straight!!! lol peace pham adam
immaculata Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 [quote name='CatholicCrusader' date='Apr 13 2004, 06:00 PM'] [url="http://www.olrl.org/snt_docs/dancing.html"]St. John Vianney on Dancing[/url] "Dancing is one of those things that is so commonplace that we have become "spiritually immune" to its evils. Here the Cure puts dancing in its proper perspective. Read this sermon and think of other things that have become so ingrained in our culture that we do not realize their sinfulness, such as women wearing pants, and get them out of your lives! Sure, some foolish worldlings might look on you with contempt, but that is part of being Catholic." I encourage everyone to read what this most holy Saint has to say about (especially teenage) dances. God bless you all! [/quote] I love to swing dance.
qfnol31 Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 [quote name='immaculata' date='Apr 14 2004, 11:16 AM'] I love to swing dance. [/quote] Another swing dancer! We have a swing dance club at my school. It's really fun!
ilovechrist Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 swing dancing! i thought i was "dragged" learning swing.. it's a BLAST! plus, u can swing to a lot of music besides 60's and earlier --i.e. Sweet Home Alabama
CatholicCrusader Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 [quote]I love to swing dance. [/quote] All sin is pleasureable..
ChronoMasta Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 My girlfriend is gone on a conference the weekend of my junior prom, so that's a negative. Quite a few people have made it clear that they'd want to go with me, but I couldn't see going to the prom with someone that I didn't love with all my heart.
immaculata Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 [quote name='CatholicCrusader' date='Apr 14 2004, 03:05 PM'] All sin is pleasureable.. [/quote] Then I guess I'm going to hell.
VeraMaria Posted April 14, 2004 Posted April 14, 2004 [quote name='lankyswimmer' date='Apr 13 2004, 10:38 PM'] my roommate is going to his fourth straight prom....his girlfriend is two years behind him so he went to his junior and senior prom when she was a fresh and soph...and now he is going with her to her junior and senior proms....i think thats kind of funny,....he was talking about breaking this one kids record of 6 straight!!! lol peace pham adam [/quote] LOL wow thats a lot
nikkan_hanil Posted April 15, 2004 Posted April 15, 2004 I'm going, but I will never get a date. Ever. Shoot me.
Pio Nono Posted April 15, 2004 Posted April 15, 2004 JMJ 4/15 - Easter Thursday I have a friend who made it to nine proms one year, just to see if he could get to a dozen. Didn't quite make it, but got close.
Iacobus Posted April 15, 2004 Author Posted April 15, 2004 [quote name='Pio Nono' date='Apr 15 2004, 04:19 PM'] JMJ 4/15 - Easter Thursday I have a friend who made it to nine proms one year, just to see if he could get to a dozen. Didn't quite make it, but got close. [/quote] LOL that sounds like fun but I will never have the money, lol. Pio Nono you are the one who wore the monkey suit, right?
Pio Nono Posted April 18, 2004 Posted April 18, 2004 JMJ 4/18 - Divine Mercy Sunday Yep, I'm the guy who went to his senior prom in a pink gorilla suit.
stargirl3:16 Posted April 19, 2004 Posted April 19, 2004 [quote name='nikkan_hanil' date='Apr 14 2004, 06:27 PM']I'm going, but I will never get a date. Ever. Shoot me. [/quote] Ditto.
ilovechrist Posted April 20, 2004 Posted April 20, 2004 there are pros to going w/ out a date ---more girls to dance with, instead of just sticking with one
CatholicCrusader Posted April 20, 2004 Posted April 20, 2004 [quote]QUOTE (CatholicCrusader @ Apr 14 2004, 03:05 PM) All sin is pleasureable.. Then I guess I'm going to hell. [/quote] That's a HORRIBLE ideology--the Cure says it's a mortal sin, so, since you can't refute it, you make a joke. In fact, you will receive your just punishment. God bless.
let_go_let_God Posted April 20, 2004 Posted April 20, 2004 [quote name='crazyboutjesus05' date='Apr 14 2004, 03:20 PM'] My girlfriend is gone on a conference the weekend of my junior prom, so that's a negative. Quite a few people have made it clear that they'd want to go with me, but I couldn't see going to the prom with someone that I didn't love with all my heart. [/quote] That's really sweet. I don't have a boyfriend, but I am going to two proms with my best guys friends. For my senior prom I brought one and he's a junior. For the other prom, I am kinda "double dating" I was asked by my one really close guy friend, and our good friend *the one I brought to my prom* doesn't have a date to their prom, so I'm pretty much going to their prom with both of them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now