cmotherofpirl Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 (edited) Urban Outfitters is selling a "dress up Jesus" colorform!! It depicts Jesus Christ a cross in jockey shorts and you can change his "clothes": dress up Jesus in a tux, or a devil's costume etc and put a "hang in there baby" sign over his head. Blasphemy! Our local TV host bought it in King of Prussia, Pa store and just showed it on our local cable program!!! The company was emailed and they said they provide merchandise for diverse customers. carp! Here is the email address: [url="http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/"]http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/[/url] :irate: :saber: War has been declared! Edited March 18, 2004 by cmotherofpirl
Brother Adam Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 I wonder if I can convince them to start selling a toy death camp and plastic Jew figurines.
Brother Adam Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 Cmom, I can't find the toy on the website, can you link me?
cmotherofpirl Posted March 18, 2004 Author Posted March 18, 2004 :angry: Its not on the webiste, but I just got an email with the pics. [url="http://www.jesusdressup.com/"]http://www.jesusdressup.com/[/url]
homeschoolmom Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 Ow, ow, ow... I want to poke out my eyeballs!! That's terrible...
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 thats so evil.. how dare those people make such vile things.
immaculata Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 Just happened to stumble across this one on urbanoutfitters.com.. [img]http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/images/us/local/products/productsall/p94979c.jpg[/img]
marielapin Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 Whatever is on that site, it must be pretty bad. Cause my work fiddler won't let me see it. I very rarely get that message.
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 [quote name='marielapin' date='Mar 18 2004, 11:32 AM'] Whatever is on that site, it must be pretty bad. Cause my work fiddler won't let me see it. I very rarely get that message. [/quote] Thanks be to God. Its disedifying to say the least so its probably a good thing that you can't see it.
hermit Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 Was going to post something on this topic..... To (censored) off to do it........ :angry: So I'll save you the trouble of a lot of editing...... New low in blasphemy....... :angry: ........hermit
Ash Wednesday Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 If there wasn't a sick intent behind it, I would really like that Catholic girl shirt. How sad it all is.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 Kyrie eleison, Christe eleison, Kyrie eleison...
ryanmeyersmusic Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 [quote name='immaculata' date='Mar 18 2004, 12:17 PM'] Just happened to stumble across this one on urbanoutfitters.com.. [img]http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/images/us/local/products/productsall/p94979c.jpg[/img] [/quote] I think that one's kinda cute... They have one for practically every "type" (Italian, Latin, Asian, Jewish, etc) so its hard to call that derogatory...
immaculata Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 [quote name='ryanmeyersmusic' date='Mar 18 2004, 12:12 PM'] I think that one's kinda cute... They have one for practically every "type" (Italian, Latin, Asian, Jewish, etc) so its hard to call that derogatory... [/quote] Yeah, but considering that all the rest of their shirts have sexual connotations behind them ("I did Justin three times") I just have to wonder exactly what they're trying to say.
Lounge Daddy Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 wow, people are pretty ignorant - entire companies can be very very ignorant.
Rebirth flame Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 stuff like that really ticks me off... it really irritates me when people mock Him with those stupid jokes. When people do that kinda stuff, it just makes me think of how the Romans wee mocking Jesus after they scourged him. It's really frustrating... -_-
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now