Homestarlover85 Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 I see whats wrong with the dress up Jesus. Thats just sad. And sick...the "Hang in there" signs thats truly sick. BUt the Tshirt. Im not sure what I see whats wrong with that. I dont know. I'd wear it
ilovechrist Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 [quote name='Homestarlover85' date='Mar 18 2004, 05:20 PM'] I see whats wrong with the dress up Jesus. Thats just sad. And sick...the "Hang in there" signs thats truly sick. BUt the Tshirt. Im not sure what I see whats wrong with that. I dont know. I'd wear it [/quote] that site is truly sickening.. very sad. i agree with h* though, the tshirt is magnificent (as long as u forget that it's advertised on that company's website). there is a guy in my parish that made the same t-shirts for girls in our youth group --he said he started the design.. i plan to check into this! -ben
Iacobus Posted March 18, 2004 Posted March 18, 2004 There as some people in my school with the "Jesus is my homoboy (or however that is spelled)" shirts and it is VERY annoying.
cathgirl Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Mar 18 2004, 12:11 PM'] If there wasn't a sick intent behind it, I would really like that Catholic girl shirt. How sad it all is. [/quote] Same here! May Jesus have mercy on all of His people!!!
Jericho923 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 i wonder what people like that think, i mean, is there something like not having one tiny bit of conscience? We should write the authors of the site or something...or do a day of prayer for all of those who offer such things to the world
Ash Wednesday Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 What frightens me is that I don't think you would have seen this in a large-scale public market 10 years ago. It's a whole new horrible line that has been crossed publicly. I could have seen this with a small clique of secular humanist market, but never in a mainstream clothing franchise, like Urban Outfitters. I really can't help but wonder if we are not WORSE than Sodom and Gomorrah, and it's astonishing how God has been merciful in holding back his hand from giving us what we truly deserve. I would love to wear a cute "Catholic Girl" shirt, but these days that has a whole different connotation in secular society, i.e. Catholic Girls are "easy" and wild. If you don't believe me, listen to the Red Hot Chili Peppers song about Catholic girls. Actually, I'd rather you not. Trust me on this.
Homestarlover85 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 Good point. THANK GOD FOR THE BLOOD OF CHRIST!
Jericho923 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 yeah we should make designs that puposely aim to break those stereotypes...a renewal in everyway! even fashion!
Homestarlover85 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 I agree..thats why I like the rosary around the catholic girl saying .What if we had ones with like different religous orders! YAY!
Ash Wednesday Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 Everyone loves a Franciscan... Carmelite... Dominican... Benedictine... et cetera. That does sound better.
Jericho923 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 did anyone say Franciscan!!!!???? man ...or woman...that would be so awesome!!!! just have shirts of orders! i have also seen this cool shirt with a benedictine medal on it.
Jericho923 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 wow sisters go sisters!!!!!!!!! what about a shirt explaining the rosary?
Ash Wednesday Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 Everyone... ...loves a nun. That is so cute. It even rhymes. :hearts:
Jericho923 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 jajaja that IS cute! "To Christ, Every brother through the mother" -Franciscan Friars..what do you think?
Spiritual_Arsonist Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Mar 18 2004, 10:47 AM'] I wonder if I can convince them to start selling a toy death camp and plastic Jew figurines. [/quote] Watch out. The ACLU might want to ban Phamtass for promoting "anti-semitism".
Jericho923 Posted March 19, 2004 Posted March 19, 2004 i have a new one!!! "You are Peter!"... just that maybe with a picture of a rock, keys and gates...i sounds like a phrase that would catch on!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now