HisChildForever Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1768630' date='Feb 1 2009, 03:39 PM']I'm not interested in the moanings of the hypocritical catholic politicians or the jewish lobby. What about the SSPX's offensive views on the jewish people? How can they be acceptable to the Catholic Church? I have read the SSPX stuff and I am appalled.[/quote] [b]Thank you.[/b]
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 (edited) [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1768630' date='Feb 1 2009, 01:39 PM']I'm not interested in the moanings of the hypocritical catholic politicians or the jewish lobby. What about the SSPX's offensive views on the jewish people? How can they be acceptable to the Catholic Church? I have read the SSPX stuff and I am appalled.[/quote] You, like everyone else in the Roman Church, will be bound by what your Patriarch decides. Such is life. Edited February 1, 2009 by Apotheoun
cmotherofpirl Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1768645' date='Feb 1 2009, 05:04 PM']You, like everyone else in the Roman Church, will be bound by what your Patriarch decides. Such is life.[/quote] lol. Don't I know it. Obedience, obedience, obedience. I just hope the SPPX gets it as well!
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1768651' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:08 PM']lol. Don't I know it. Obedience, obedience, obedience.[/quote] [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1768651' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:08 PM']I just hope the SPPX gets it as well![/quote] That is between the Pope and the leaders of the SSPX.
Tinkerlina Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1768645' date='Feb 1 2009, 05:04 PM']You, like everyone else in the Roman Church, will be bound by what your Patriarch decides. Such is life.[/quote] You say things like this all the time. We all know this but that shouldn't stop us from having interesting and valid discussions on issues that concern us. -Katie
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1768657' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:12 PM']You say things like this all the time. We all know this but that shouldn't stop us from having interesting and valid discussions on issues that concern us. -Katie[/quote] Interesting discussion, but not valid. The Pope will determine the validity of what happens with the SSPX, and not the members of Phatmass. Edited February 1, 2009 by Apotheoun
Tinkerlina Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1768664' date='Feb 1 2009, 05:15 PM']Interesting discussion, but not valid. The Pope will determine the validity of what happens with the SSPX, and not the members of Phatmass.[/quote] I said our discussion and concerns are valid. Are we never allowed to discuss anything that the Pope will decide on in the future? We can't speculate and wonder? -Katie Edited February 1, 2009 by Tinkerlina
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1768665' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:16 PM']I said our discussion and concerns are valid. Are we never allowed to discuss anything that the Pope will decide on in the future? -Katie[/quote] I disagree, because I trust the Pope.
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1768665' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:16 PM']I said our discussion and concerns are valid. Are we never allowed to discuss anything that the Pope will decide on in the future? We can't speculate and wonder? -Katie[/quote] The Church Fathers held that "speculation" leads to heresy and schism.
HisChildForever Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1768645' date='Feb 1 2009, 04:04 PM']You, like everyone else in the Roman Church, will be bound by what your Patriarch decides. Such is life.[/quote] I thought we weren't a patriarchy.
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='HisChildForever' post='1768670' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:18 PM']I thought we weren't a patriarchy.[/quote] The Pope is the Bishop and Patriarch of Rome. Thus, the Latin Church is a Patriarchal Church.
Tinkerlina Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1768669' date='Feb 1 2009, 05:17 PM']The Church Fathers held that "speculation" leads to heresy and schism.[/quote] We're not speculating about the nature of God or something, I'm speculating about what might happen in a discourse between formerly excommunicated persons and the pope. If you don't think we should be discussing it, then dont' participate in the discussion. -Katie
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1768674' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:20 PM']We're not speculating about the nature of God or something, I'm speculating about what might happen in a discourse between formerly excommunicated persons and the pope. If you don't think we should be discussing it, then dont' participate in the discussion. -Katie[/quote] I never mentioned "theology" in my post. Speculation about matters of discipline can also lead to heresy and schism.
HisChildForever Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1768673' date='Feb 1 2009, 04:18 PM']The Pope is the Bishop and Patriarch of Rome. Thus, the Latin Church is a Patriarchal Church.[/quote] Last time time I said our Church was a patriarchy I got attacked for it.
Tinkerlina Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1768676' date='Feb 1 2009, 05:21 PM']I never mentioned "theology" in my post. Speculation about matters of discipline can also lead to heresy and schism.[/quote] Well, you already told me I was a heretic, so I'm not too worried. -Katie
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1768674' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:20 PM']If you don't think we should be discussing it, then dont' participate in the discussion. -Katie[/quote] Discussing it is fine, but trying to set the parameters for the restoration of communion (i.e., saying that the SSPX need to change this or that belief) is irrelevant, because you (and I, and the other participants in this thread) have no say in the matter.
HisChildForever Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1768680' date='Feb 1 2009, 04:22 PM']Well, you already told me I was a heretic, so I'm not too worried. -Katie[/quote] ROFL.
Tinkerlina Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1768681' date='Feb 1 2009, 05:22 PM']Discussing it is fine, but trying to set the parameters for the restoration of communion (i.e., saying that the SSPX need to change this or that belief) is irrelevant, because you (and I, and the other participants in this thread) have no say in the matter.[/quote] We're saying what we think should happen. If it doesn't, it doesn't, we'll obey. Like I said, if you don't want to discuss it, you're free not to. -Katie
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1768680' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:22 PM']Well, you already told me I was a heretic, so I'm not too worried. -Katie[/quote] I have never called you a heretic, because I don't have the authority to do so. I have pointed out that some of your comments are heretical, that is, some of your comments do not coordinate with Catholic doctrine. But you are not reducible to your comments. BTW, there are some people here who think that my comments on certain East / West issues are heretical, and they are free to hold their opinion on that matter. That said, I have never taken their comments as a declaration that I am a heretic, because they do not have any authority to say such a thing. Edited February 1, 2009 by Apotheoun
Apotheoun Posted February 1, 2009 Posted February 1, 2009 [quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1768685' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:24 PM']We're saying what we think should happen. If it doesn't, it doesn't, we'll obey. Like I said, if you don't want to discuss it, you're free not to. -Katie[/quote] I see. Well I hope that the Pope accepts the SSPX exactly as they are, and then you will be confronted with a choice, accept the Pope's decision or dissent from it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now