An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baby Born While Woman Waiting For Abortionist...

Servus_Mariae

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1773876' date='Feb 6 2009, 05:26 PM']+J.M.J.+
[url="http://althouse.blogspot.com/2009/02/suing-your-own-abortionist-for-making.html"]Ann Althouse has some great thoughts on this:[/url][/quote]
Thanks for sharing that!

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1773930' date='Feb 6 2009, 11:28 AM']Thanks for sharing that![/quote]+J.M.J.+
fyi, Althouse is of the opinion that the government shouldn't 'police' abortion. so not necessarily pro-life.

but i like how her logic points out some inconsistencies.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1773935' date='Feb 6 2009, 06:31 PM']+J.M.J.+
fyi, Althouse is of the opinion that the government shouldn't 'police' abortion. so not necessarily pro-life.

but i like how her logic points out some inconsistencies.[/quote]
Gotcha. Regardless, it is good that she's pointing out the inconsistencies.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1773426' date='Feb 5 2009, 10:52 PM']Lord have mercy...[/quote]

Christ Have Mercy...

Lord Have Mercy.

Madame Vengier

Ugh. I read about this. How low can humanity go? Apparently, not low enough. Something that struck me about the story was the woman's reaction to the events. Having witnessed what was done to her own child, she now deeply regrets the abortion. This harkens to the lie that is the abortion movement: refusing to let women face what an abortion REALLY is and denying them the human right to know the truth about the child they are carrying.

Obama would approve of this whole tawdry business, I'm sure.

piano_freak184

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1774554' date='Feb 7 2009, 08:24 AM']Ugh. I read about this. How low can humanity go? Apparently, not low enough. Something that struck me about the story was the woman's reaction to the events. Having witnessed what was done to her own child, she now deeply regrets the abortion. This harkens to the lie that is the abortion movement: refusing to let women face what an abortion REALLY is and denying them the human right to know the truth about the child they are carrying.

Obama would approve of this whole tawdry business, I'm sure.[/quote]
Obama said himself that he "is not pro-abortion, he just thinks that if the mother is too young to raise a child, the mother is to irresponsable to raise a child, or if it would physically or mentally hurt the mother to have/raise a child, she should consider an abortion." I'm sure he'll come up with some more exceptions. A friend of mine who is pro-choice stated that he "Knows pro-life people just say that abortion is cruely murdering babies, which isn't true because what you are doing is stopping potential life (keyword-potential) and not harming any real human being." then he asked me: "Don't you think it would be alot better if the fetus was stopped growing and not start becoming human than if it continued growing into a baby that would later in life have a terrible life because the mother would treat it like dirt because they had no money for adoption so the mother was stuck with it for life? Do you want that type of hatred in the world?"
I can see his point, but you can't be umm..."stopping potential life from growing" just because you don't want the baby. Dang i hate those pro-life people making abortions sound like no big deal and that there is no baby yet....there is only potential life that doesn't matter yet. abortions make me so mad. :annoyed: <_<

[quote name='piano_freak184' post='1775240' date='Feb 7 2009, 05:34 PM']Obama said himself that he "is not pro-abortion, he just thinks that if the mother is too young to raise a child, the mother is to irresponsable to raise a child, or if it would physically or mentally hurt the mother to have/raise a child, she should consider an abortion." I'm sure he'll come up with some more exceptions. A friend of mine who is pro-choice stated that he "Knows pro-life people just say that abortion is cruely murdering babies, which isn't true because what you are doing is stopping potential life (keyword-potential) and not harming any real human being." then he asked me: "Don't you think it would be alot better if the fetus was stopped growing and not start becoming human than if it continued growing into a baby that would later in life have a terrible life because the mother would treat it like dirt because they had no money for adoption so the mother was stuck with it for life? Do you want that type of hatred in the world?"
I can see his point, but you can't be umm..."stopping potential life from growing" just because you don't want the baby. Dang i hate those pro-life people making abortions sound like no big deal and that there is no baby yet....there is only potential life that doesn't matter yet. abortions make me so mad. :annoyed: <_<[/quote]
It's not potential life. Children in the womb have an a priori dignity attached to them. It is better a life lived than not. Better the chance to be able to pursue happiness than not. Our generation has become very lax about seeking. It's all about finding pleasure in the moment nowadays, not seeking and encountering long term joy in life! The former is where the idea of "lets just give up" or "lets just end it" comes to play.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='piano_freak184' post='1775240' date='Feb 7 2009, 06:34 PM']Obama said himself that he "is not pro-abortion, he just thinks that if the mother is too young to raise a child, the mother is to irresponsable to raise a child, or if it would physically or mentally hurt the mother to have/raise a child, she should consider an abortion."[/quote]

Typical baby-killing propaganda. The pro-abortionists always come up with this same line, verbatim. The problem that they know full well of, but choose to ignore, is that the vast majority of abortions are not done b/c "the girl was too young" or b/c "the woman's life was in danger" but rather by women who just couldn't be bothered with it all. Abortion for convenience, that's what the majority of abortions are all about.

let_go_let_God

The only consolation of this happening is that the pro-abortionists are upset by this as well. Maybe this can be used as a way of conversion for some.

God bless-
LGLG

VeniteAdoremus

Someone very close to me got an abortion at a regular hospital, and they tried to force her to look at the ultrasound, but she made a huge scene, after which they did it and basically dropped her on the pavement, still bleeding.

Abortion hurts women. PERIOD.