Guest Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 (edited) [quote name='nunsense' date='Feb 23 2009, 02:43 AM' post='1789161'] [font="Arial Black"][i]"Is there anyone among you who would hand his son a stone when he asked for bread? Or would hand him a snake when he asked for a fish? If you, then, [b]evil as you are[/b], know how to give your children what is good, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him!" (Matt 7:7-11)[/[/font]i] quote] Hello nunsence.... Another view of this is when Jesus calls us evil it's because of our fallen nature. If we would of never fell we wouldn't be evil. (I think ? ) So again it goes back to satan putting us in this situation to begin with. But more then anything I think you are correct on the part we should worry about loving Jesus. The past is the past and there is nothen we can do about it no matter how much we would like to. So I do see where you are coming from and take your advice because it is true and helpfull. Godbless Edited February 23, 2009 by Guest
kafka Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 I apologize nunsense. I have a tendency in my knowledge towards pharaseism. I certainly do not want to be like them so forgive me.
Nunsense Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 [quote name='kafka' post='1789203' date='Feb 23 2009, 01:37 AM']I apologize nunsense. I have a tendency in my knowledge towards pharaseism. I certainly do not want to be like them so forgive me.[/quote] kafka, that is very gracious of you. If you won't take it the wrong way, I would like to quote from Darth Vader in Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back (I think) and say, "Apology accepted, Captain Nido." The Internet is notorious for being the source of misunderstanding, because we lack the physical signs like body language and the immediacy of response. Friends again
Nunsense Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 [quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1789200' date='Feb 23 2009, 01:27 AM']Hello nunsence.... Another view of this is when Jesus calls us evil it's because of our fallen nature. If we would of never fell we wouldn't be evil. (I think ? ) So again it goes back to satan putting us in this situation to begin with. But more then anything I think you are correct on the part we should worry about loving Jesus. The past is the past and there is nothen we can do about it no matter how much we would like to. So I do see where you are coming from and take your advice because it is true and helpfull. Godbless[/quote] Thank you for wanting to continue our discussion. I will write some things that I think, but I am not trying to preach or teach - just writing my observations... So, yes, I do see your point, but I guess I place the responsibility more on Adam and Eve than on Satan, because they could have chosen to trust God's word and not that of the evil one, but they didn't. You say that if we had never fallen, we wouldn't be evil. Well, it is true that we were at peace with God in the beginning, but our father and mother (Adam and Eve) chose to disobey God. Yes, they were tempted, but they chose to give into the temptation. If they had never been tempted, you could say they were good - but were they really? God obviously wanted to see if they would obey His will or not, or He wouldn't have let Satan test them - unfortunately they failed. Abraham was prepared to sacrifice his son to obey God - he must have been tempted to disobey this command! But he passed his test. And of course, when Jesus was tempted by Satan, He didn't succumb. So temptations don't have to have control over us. We face choice every day between good and evil, and if we fall, we could try to blame Satan for tempting us, ors we could admit that we had succumbed of our own free will (and then go to Confession!). We are blessed to have the Sacrament of Reconciliation to help us make amends and to reconcile us to God. I guess I go along more with St Paul, who focused on the sin of Adam rather than on the temptations of the devil -- in Romans Chapter 5... [i]17 It was by one man's offence that death came to reign over all, but how much greater the reign in life of those who receive the fullness of grace and the gift of saving justice, through the one man, Jesus Christ. 18 One man's offence brought condemnation on all humanity; and one man's good act has brought justification and life to all humanity. 19 Just as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by one man's obedience are many to be made upright. " [/i] And while I also agree with you that what Jesus endured is unbearable to think about, it is also such an amazing act of love that it inspires confidence and trust in God, Our Father, who would allow such a thing, so we [u]must [/u]think about it. And if we can weep for His Passion then we are truly blest, because Padre Pio said that if we cannot weep for the Passion of Christ, then what can we weep for? Padre Pio always suffered greatly during Mass and this interview with him shows how it was man's offences that hurt Our Lord... (excerpts only) [i]Cleonice Morcaldi, one of the spiritual daughters of Padre Pio, asked him several times what he felt and lived in each of his Masses. She wrote carefully each of his answers and thanks to her, we have a unique testimony from the Father himself about his Mass. - Father, why do you almost always cry when you read the Gospel in the Holy Mass? – And do you find it little thing that a God talks to His creatures, and they react against Him? That he is injured constantly by their ingratitude and incredulity? – Why do you suffer so much during the Consecration? – You ask me why I suffer. I would like to shed not a few tears but abundant tears. Are you not conscious of the tremendous mystery? God, Victim of our sins! And we are His executioners! The Father was asked: – What is the Sacred Communion? – It is interior and exterior Mercy. A total Embrace. Do not stop begging Jesus to make Himself sensibly noticed. – What does Jesus do at Communion? – He delights in His creatures. – Is Communion an incorporation? – It is a fusion. Like two candles that fuse together and cannot be distinguished one from the other. – When you go to Mass, continues Padre Pio, concentrate to the maximum on the great mystery being celebrated in your presence: "The redemption of your soul and the reconciliation with God." – Father, does the Lord love the Sacrifice? – Yes, because with It He has regenerated the world. – How much glory to God does the Mass give? – An infinite glory. – What should we do during the Mass? – Be compassionate and love. – What kind of fruits do we receive when we hear the Mass? – They cannot be enumerated. You will know it only in Paradise. [/i] So, I am not alone in stressing that man has killed his God through his sins. The evil one may be an instrument of sin, but we simply must accept our own part in causing Our Lord's suffering and death through OUR OWN CHOICE but we must also never forget the great love that God has for us that caused Him to offer His Son for us, and the grace of the Eucharist that Our Lord has given us to unite ourselves with Him. That is why we say at the Mass "Lord, I am not worthy to receive you..." because we are sinners. But God is all good and all love, and makes us worthy through His Son's sacrifice. Ok, enough... I get very caried away sometimes - I am so inspired by Our Lord, but I do pass the bounds and become preachy -- sorry..... but Our God is an Awesome God
Nunsense Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 [quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1789210' date='Feb 23 2009, 02:02 AM']is your avatar of mary ?[/quote] If you mean me, my avatar is [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/mseymore2000/2220591251/"]St Teresa of Avila in ecstasy[/url]. The statue is of her and the angel who pierced her heart with an arrow. St Teresa is the foundress of the Discalced Carmelites - the order I have been discerning with. She was a great mystic, and a doctor of the Church. She and St John of the Cross (who helped her reform the Carmelite order) are my mystical spiritual directors. St Michael is my patron saint however.
Tony Posted February 24, 2009 Posted February 24, 2009 (edited) Why did the evil one hate God so much? One Word: Jealousy God was everything he wished to be (perfect, the head hancho, etc) so he resented against God and rebelled. Edited February 24, 2009 by Tony
elizabeth09 Posted March 11, 2009 Posted March 11, 2009 Because at that time, Satan wanted to at the same level, or higher then God, but God say no, so he got himself some followers and then all this stuff started to happen from then on, you fighting and all. THat will be staterd with the first story of Adam and Eve, when they sined agaist God for the first time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now