BG45 Posted February 21, 2012 Posted February 21, 2012 [img]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1088/3739013167c03b7660d3.jpg[/img]
Selah Posted February 21, 2012 Posted February 21, 2012 [quote]St. Francis Desales[/quote] He was an outspoken opponent of the calvinist heresy. Love him
the_rev Posted February 21, 2012 Posted February 21, 2012 (edited) I just dread reading Thomas Aquinas, I'll read him, but I am much more an Augustinian, but I understand your reasons for not including Augustine in your list. I came to realization just this past semester when our professor reminded us (I knew but never put the two together) that JP2 was a Thomist and Benedict is Augustinian in his thought (in addition to being a[url="http://vox-nova.com/2008/03/30/culture-and-theology-the-ressourcement-movement-part-1/"] Ressourcement[/url] [going back to the sources; ie Church Fathers] theologian). Although I loved JP2 and a lot of his writings, there are some that I just found very difficult to read, but I have always loved Ratzinger/Benedict! I believe it to be the case since I more closely identify with Augustine and Ressourcement. As a result, I chose Bonaventure. I know I've read some Scotus, but I wouldn't say that I closely follow him. Edited February 21, 2012 by the_rev
Papist Posted February 21, 2012 Posted February 21, 2012 St. Francis de Sales. He wrote apologetic tracts and delivered them to home at night.
the_rev Posted February 21, 2012 Posted February 21, 2012 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1329791138' post='2390400'] [img]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1088/3739013167c03b7660d3.jpg[/img] [/quote] I wasn't aware this thread was form 2009! I didn't resurrect it but only commented on it after seeing it on the Main Page. Hopefully we can have a good discussion on the topic three years later!
CatherineM Posted September 20, 2013 Posted September 20, 2013 Right now I'm having a fight with Balthasar.
Apotheoun Posted September 20, 2013 Posted September 20, 2013 I voted other. I like Palamism :3 St. Gregory is the "doctor of uncreated grace." My favorite treatise written by him is entitled "Capita Physica," but his homilies are also quite good.
Apotheoun Posted September 20, 2013 Posted September 20, 2013 :dead: This thread is risen from the dead, by death it trampled death, and to those threads in the grave it granted life.
Lilllabettt Posted September 20, 2013 Posted September 20, 2013 I like to read Introduction to Christianity every year.
Vincent Vega Posted September 20, 2013 Posted September 20, 2013 I can't believe that John Shelby Spong and Oprah aren't options!
Didacus Posted September 21, 2013 Posted September 21, 2013 St. Aquinas can't really be beat... St. Augustine, and then Cardinal Ratzinger also come to mind. :saint2:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now