An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mac Users

rkwright

Theologian in Training

[quote name='rkwright' post='1795421' date='Mar 2 2009, 07:50 PM']Oh yes I realize that.

I bought an external HDD this Christmas after mine crashed.

Yes Time Machine would be rather pointless without it :)[/quote]

Time Machine is great. I recently "upgraded" to the new unibody macbook and I was able to do a full migration from Time Machine. Unfortunately, I ran into a snag (I think it is hardware, the guy at Apple thinks its software...my screen flickers and then freezes, whereby only a restart will fix it). The problem, however, is that since he believes it is software I had to do a full format and install, starting from scratch. Normally, there should be no problem, but lo and behold, the only Microsoft product I have (and, unfortunately, need) will not properly install anymore. I cannot get a successful install of MS Office 2004 on my machine. The guy at Apple assured me all would be OK, alas, he might have been wrong. These are the frustrations you run into that make you want to toss your new computer out the window.

BTW, the new unibody, apart from that issue is excellent, it is, finally, hardware user-friendly, so I can change (and have already done so) my harddrive and memory without voiding the warranty. If I could get MS to work, I would be a lot happier than I am now :maddest: