An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chris Matthews: Anti-abortionists Are Terrorists

Lil Red

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1796346' date='Mar 3 2009, 03:07 PM']+J.M.J.+
[url="http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/03/matthews_anti_abortion_terrorists.html"]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/200...terrorists.html[/url]

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Isn't this the same Chris Matthews who, in utter blind adoration, made the following foolish and outlandish statement (about Barack Obama running for President):

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | [b]"I felt this thrill going up my leg.[/b] I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

He can't be taken seriously in any regard.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1797396' date='Mar 4 2009, 03:18 PM']Isn't this the same Chris Matthews who, in utter blind adoration, made the following foolish and outlandish statement (about Barack Obama running for President):

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | [b]"I felt this thrill going up my leg.[/b] I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

He can't be taken seriously in any regard.[/quote]
But people do take him seriously. Some right away, other internalize it and eventually puke it up themselves.

People are stupid.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1797433' date='Mar 4 2009, 05:21 PM']People are stupid.[/quote]
it's not that people are stupid, it's that people don't care

I didn't read what he had to say. I will, however, throw this out there - if you actually go to the trouble of bombing an abortion clinic or shooting an abortionist, you would be a domestic terrorist. By definition.

Terrorism isn't about ideology but about methodology. If you try to reach your goals (whatever they might be) through fear, force and violence...then yes, you're being a bully, and up the scale enough, and that can become terrorism.

[quote name='MithLuin' post='1797761' date='Mar 4 2009, 10:34 PM']Terrorism isn't about ideology but about methodology. If you try to reach your goals (whatever they might be) through fear, force and violence...then yes, you're being a bully, and up the scale enough, and that can become terrorism.[/quote]
Sounds like the definition of government to me :smokey:

[quote name='apparently' post='1797707' date='Mar 4 2009, 09:55 PM']it's not that people are stupid, it's that people don't care[/quote]
The tendency to internalize insanity and then repeat it is caused by stupidity. Often, people don't care because they are stupid.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1797396' date='Mar 4 2009, 04:18 PM']Isn't this the same Chris Matthews who, in utter blind adoration, made the following foolish and outlandish statement (about Barack Obama running for President):

He can't be taken seriously in any regard.[/quote]

That just doesn't sound... healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

How is anti abortion terrorism. Isn't terrorism suppose to kill off people, not protect life and liberity.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Tufsoles' post='1807047' date='Mar 14 2009, 03:15 PM']How is anti abortion terrorism. Isn't terrorism suppose to kill off people, not protect life and liberity.[/quote]
You would think so.

Funny, I'll bet he calls the jihadists "freedom fighters" too.