rose wrought of iron Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 [quote name='dauntingknight' post='1810645' date='Mar 18 2009, 03:07 PM']Choose your weapon. [img]http://www.italiamedievale.org/uploaded_images/medieval-sword-727032.jpg[/img][/quote] I want the one with the long hilt so I can use both hands. Puts more power behind it.
Nihil Obstat Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 [quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1810654' date='Mar 18 2009, 02:11 PM']A zweihandler? Are you quite mad?[/quote] I agree. I'd use a hand-and-a-half (has a name not entirely appropriate for our phorum) or a rapier, likely. Of course, I have troops to do that stuff for me these days...
rose wrought of iron Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 [quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1810654' date='Mar 18 2009, 03:11 PM']A zweihandler? Are you quite mad?[/quote] Umm... I don't think so... Why?
Galloglasses' Alt Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 (edited) [quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1810675' date='Mar 18 2009, 02:22 PM']Umm... I don't think so... Why? [/quote] Put simply, you'd need to have the body build on par with most steroid junkies to wield it properly. (Actually I'd pick the Zweihandler myself in your shoes, don't get me wrong), but its definately not a sword you pick up on the first, second, or 23rd lesson. I'd go with Catherine's pick of the Claymore if you want the raw power bit, much more controllable till you're confident enough for the big 'un Edited March 18, 2009 by Galloglasses' Alt
rose wrought of iron Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 Okay, good explanation. I thought that, since I am a girl, I'd need something I could use both hands with and put my whole body into because I'm a lot stronger that way.
Galloglasses' Alt Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 Then a Claymore for you then. But if thats your build, I'd suggest a hand and a half sword or broad/longsword, (If you prefer a more powerful fighting style), altough a Rapier, saber, or cutlass would be something lighter and sharper with which you could maneouver better with. ...I hate fast little buggers like that, its harder to squish them. =U
Nihil Obstat Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 [quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1810710' date='Mar 18 2009, 02:51 PM']Okay, good explanation. I thought that, since I am a girl, I'd need something I could use both hands with and put my whole body into because I'm a lot stronger that way. [/quote] This is men's work. You aren't cut out for it. Kidding, I'm sure. I'll bet you can think of a certain person to give you private sword lessons, yes?
rose wrought of iron Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 [quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1810716' date='Mar 18 2009, 03:56 PM']Then a Claymore for you then. But if thats your build, I'd suggest a hand and a half sword or broad/longsword, (If you prefer a more powerful fighting style), altough a Rapier, saber, or cutlass would be something lighter and sharper with which you could maneouver better with. ...I hate fast little buggers like that, its harder to squish them. =U[/quote] I just have more core strength than upper body strength. And sometimes you just want to put all your strength into beating the... umm... croutons... out of something.
Galloglasses' Alt Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 ....So I see my Phatmass Mythos Version of you is rather apt.
rose wrought of iron Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 Gosh, you say that like it's a bad thing or something... So sometimes I like to annihilate things? Big deal...
Galloglasses' Alt Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 It is so a big deal! You may succeed were Daunting Knight failed =U
rose wrought of iron Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 [quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1810751' date='Mar 18 2009, 04:19 PM']It is so a big deal! You may succeed were Daunting Knight failed =U[/quote] I'm confused...
Galloglasses' Alt Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 He tried to annihilate my kingdom, no biggie.
rose wrought of iron Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 Well obviously I could do that. But I'm nicer than that. Most of the time. Just don't tick me off.
eagle_eye222001 Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 Tried? So he failed. Why? ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/the+ataris/track/the+boys+of+summer"]The Ataris - The Boys of Summer[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
Galloglasses' Alt Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 [img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/Nyrath/kev_walker_imperius_dictatio.jpg[/img] [size=7]*GRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH HRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG*[/size] My pet Rex here found him disagreeable. He had to pray to stop the war before I crushed him with my Kingdom's apocalyptic fury. =[
eagle_eye222001 Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 I see. *walks back inside military compound and begins writing letter to the men below him that invading with swords might be a bad idea.* ---------------- Listening to: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/linkin+park/track/what+ive+done"]Linkin Park - What I've Done[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
rose wrought of iron Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Galloglasses' Alt' post='1810787' date='Mar 18 2009, 04:54 PM'][img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/Nyrath/kev_walker_imperius_dictatio.jpg[/img] [size=7]*GRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH HRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG*[/size] My pet Rex here found him disagreeable. He had to pray to stop the war before I crushed him with my Kingdom's apocalyptic fury. =[[/quote] I could probably take him. I have mad skillz. Edited March 18, 2009 by rose wrought of iron
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now