An Old School Catholic Message Board

Proposal At U.n. To Criminalize 'defamation Of Islam'

cmotherofpirl

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Hassan' post='1819080' date='Mar 28 2009, 09:51 PM']Prolly because he was kidding. Remember when I was really, really dense and thouht that when you said "denial ain't just a river" you got "denial" confused eith "The Nile"? That, like his comment, was an attempt at what some call "humor". It's not usually a claim that is supposed to be taken on face value, it attempt to inject some comedic element into the discussion.[/quote]

See, the problem is, you're not funny. When attempting to make a **joke** it's supposed to be **funny**.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1819139' date='Mar 28 2009, 10:25 PM']See, the problem is, you're not funny. When attempting to make a **joke** it's supposed to be **funny**.[/quote]

Actually the problem here is that you could not pick out pretty clear sarcasm on his part. Rather than admit that, say your sorry to him whatever the problem is someone else. That's all I think I will say to you on this on this thread.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1818746' date='Mar 28 2009, 01:49 PM']The UN can't arrest everyone...[/quote]
True.

I will continue to ignore the U.N. as I always have.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1819610' date='Mar 29 2009, 03:15 PM']True.

I will continue to ignore the U.N. as I always have.[/quote]
Agreed. I didn't vote for them, so their opinion carries no weight with me either.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1819824' date='Mar 29 2009, 08:49 PM']Agreed. I didn't vote for them, so their opinion carries no weight with me either.[/quote]

But their actions affect us.

dominicansoul

Why is the un getting involved with this? Criticism of Islam has been handled by the Muslims themselves for years! Suicide bombings, kidnappings, beheadings, massive acts of terrorism across the globe...the Muslims don't need the un's help defending their precious beliefs! They just wanted justification for their outlandish, murderous reactions to criticism. And not surprisingly, the un just gave it to them!

Madame Vengier

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1825933' date='Apr 6 2009, 01:04 AM']Why is the un getting involved with this? Criticism of Islam has been handled by the Muslims themselves for years! Suicide bombings, kidnappings, beheadings, massive acts of terrorism across the globe...the Muslims don't need the un's help defending their precious beliefs! They just wanted justification for their outlandish, murderous reactions to criticism. And not surprisingly, the un just gave it to them![/quote]

Get ahold of yourself! This is the religion of peace you're talking about! What are you, some kind of Islamophobe?? :sweat:

dominicansoul

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1826145' date='Apr 6 2009, 05:54 AM']Get ahold of yourself! This is the religion of peace you're talking about! What are you, some kind of Islamophobe?? :sweat:[/quote]
well I certainly will not be "hangin' in the clubhouse with Hassan!"

:)