Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Yesterday...


Recommended Posts

txdinghysailor
Posted

So I go down to sailing practice yesterday, and the wind starts blowing. During the whole practice it was never below 10, with gusts up around 15-20. That's marginal wind for sailing. The boats we have are designed to sail with winds at 8-12, and with the wind the way it was yesterday we had to hike out the entire time. It was SOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! I love big wind days like that, with spray flying everywhere, getting into your eyes, the wind going nuts, almost capsizing every 5 minutes, high speed collisions, hectic starts and mark roundings. It's INCREDIFRICKINIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot the best part though, the waves.... We had swells of 2.5-3 feet, with some getting stacked up with wakes and stuff so they were even higher. When we got off onto a reach (almost 90 degrees to the wind, and the fastest point of sail), and then started surfing down a wave, it was amazing... One time we caught a huge puff right in front of the coaches boat, and just flew by. It was sooooooooooo amazing....


BTW, hiking out is when you hook your toes under some straps in the boat and lean far out, to help balance it and keep it flat, like this:

[img]http://v15.arkontheridge.com/images/PicturesPagePictures/image003.jpg[/img]

^is not the type of boat we were sailing, but it's close.

Best part of the whole day? Not only was it blowing hard, but the water temp was 37, and the air temp was in the 40s. :) I LOVE BIG COLD NASTY DAYS!!!!!!!!! It's like, ERGH MAN VS. NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: We had like 4 boats capsize, but thankfully everyone had drysuits on so no one got too cold.

ANd sorry if no one understands this post, but I had to get it out. :)

rose wrought of iron
Posted

You really smell of elderberries. Now I really want to try sailing...


And you're the only person I know who does it. <_<

And that is NOT cold. :rolleyes:

txdinghysailor
Posted

[quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1811513' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:55 PM']You really smell of elderberries. Now I really want to try sailing...


And you're the only person I know who does it. <_<

And that is NOT cold. :rolleyes:[/quote]

smells of elderberries for you! :P I wouldn't take you out if my life depended on it! I don't trust blondes on a boat....

Yes it is cold... when you get soaking wet

rose wrought of iron
Posted

You're just a chauvinist. Get over yourself. :P

txdinghysailor
Posted

[quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1811520' date='Mar 19 2009, 01:16 PM']You're just a chauvinist. Get over yourself. :P[/quote]

What's a chauvinist? :idontknow:

rose wrought of iron
Posted

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1812294' date='Mar 20 2009, 01:09 PM']What's a chauvinist? :idontknow:[/quote]
:shock:

:twitch:


You, obviously. :yes:


:secret:

look it up. ...dictionary.reference.com is proabaly the easiest way to do that, btw.

txdinghysailor
Posted

1. a person with a prejudiced belief in the superiority of his or her own kind

I guess I am a chauvinist... And deservedly so! males are indubitably superior to females in every aspect of life. :P

rose wrought of iron
Posted

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1812346' date='Mar 20 2009, 01:56 PM']1. a person with a prejudiced belief in the superiority of his or her own kind

I guess I am a chauvinist... And deservedly so! males are indubitably superior to females in every aspect of life. :P[/quote]
Oh yes, considering I had to even tell you where to look up that word... :rolleyes:

HisChildForever
Posted

[quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1812352' date='Mar 20 2009, 02:00 PM']Oh yes, considering I had to even tell you where to look up that word... :rolleyes:[/quote]

Burn.

txdinghysailor
Posted

[quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1812352' date='Mar 20 2009, 03:00 PM']Oh yes, considering I had to even tell you where to look up that word... :rolleyes:[/quote]

ouch. :wacko:

rose wrought of iron
Posted
:console:

It's okay, I'm sure you can find some use in the autonomous collective. :lol_roll:
txdinghysailor
Posted

jerk

rose wrought of iron
Posted
:))


glad to have helped lift your spirits from the mire. :saint:
Posted

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1812358' date='Mar 20 2009, 10:06 AM']Burn.[/quote]
Iawtc. :D

Posted

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1812346' date='Mar 20 2009, 12:56 PM']I guess I am a chauvinist... And deservedly so! males are indubitably superior to females in every aspect of life. :P[/quote]

......


































:stretcher:


















...

lost_in_this_world
Posted

sounds really cool

dauntingknight
Posted

Have you slept outside before under 30 degree weather and
in nothing but your shorts a T-Shirt and a sleeping bag?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...