T-Bone _ Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 On March 8, Fox network aired Family Guy, a perverted and sickening program, into the homes of millions of Americans. This episode was rated TV-14 DLSV by FOX, meaning that in the network's opinion it was appropriate for 14-year olds. It aired during prime-time. Even more offensive is Fox's view of Christianity. At a "straight" meeting, the speaker talks to gays about Jesus and tells them, "He [Jesus] hates many people, but none more than homosexuals." Incidentally, Pepsico helped sponsor this program (BoycottPepsico.com. You really cannot get the full effect of the show's portrayal of Christianity without watching the video or reading our review. You will hear the tone and sarcasm very clearly. The FCC has a duty to enforce the law and fine Fox for this sickening violation of broadcast decency standards. In addition, your local FOX network affiliate did not have to air this episode. Obviously, they do not care about your local community standards. Take Action! File an official complaint with the FCC against the Fox network and your local FOX affiliate station. It will only take a couple of minutes. Do it for your children and grandchildren. In this perverted episode: (Under a spoiler because of rampant perversion) [mod]Mature content. --Era Might[/mod]
HisChildForever Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 I read the spoiler tags, totally disgusting.
whatsup Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 --actually, don't file a complaint. I know one of the writers of the show. He's my professor's son. Their goal is to see how far they can push the like. The more backlash they feel from the FCC the more successful they consider a show. When people don't watch and don't care they don't feel as if they are doing their job. Infact, shows that don't get negative attention (even ones that are extremely positively rated) are considered their failures.
Ziggamafu Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 (edited) [quote name='whatsup' post='1816890' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:56 AM']--actually, don't file a complaint. I know one of the writers of the show. He's my professor's son. Their goal is to see how far they can push the like. The more backlash they feel from the FCC the more successful they consider a show. When people don't watch and don't care they don't feel as if they are doing their job. Infact, shows that don't get negative attention (even ones that are extremely positively rated) are considered their failures.[/quote] ^ 100% true. The whole point of Family Guy, like South Park, is to be so provocative and controversial that they arouse angry mobs and crazed accusations; they represent the Howard Stern and Marilyn Manson of prime-time TV. Shock-comedy. Edited March 26, 2009 by Ziggamafu
Fidei Defensor Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 You're a little behind. The FCC knows all about this already, they knew about it long before it aired. It's a TV show. If you're offended, you don't watch. Pretty simple solution.
StColette Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1817089' date='Mar 26 2009, 02:18 PM']You're a little behind. The FCC knows all about this already, they knew about it long before it aired. It's a TV show. If you're offended, you don't watch. Pretty simple solution.[/quote] The same better apply for shows that have Pro-Christian themes. It's a TV show. If you're offended, don't watch.
Nihil Obstat Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='Brother Adam' post='1817107' date='Mar 26 2009, 01:53 PM']TV is a huge waste of time and braincells.[/quote] I agree 100%. When I watch tv, it's almost exclusively for mindless entertainment. I actually do watch Family Guy on occasion, again, as mindless entertainment. It certainly is that. Yes, it can be quite offensive to Christians.
whatsup Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 I don't even own a TV. I really have learned to enjoy the quiet. It is so disturbing to me when someone cannot stand silence.
LouisvilleFan Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='Ziggamafu' post='1816891' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:01 PM']^ 100% true. The whole point of Family Guy, like South Park, is to be so provocative and controversial that they arouse angry mobs and crazed accusations; they represent the Howard Stern and Marilyn Manson of prime-time TV. Shock-comedy.[/quote] But it is intelligent comedy, while most sitcoms like Friends and King of Queens (or whatever is on these days... I don't bother to watch them because Lost is awesome) are largely void of any message or point (at least on Seinfield, being pointless was the whole idea).
StColette Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1817214' date='Mar 26 2009, 05:17 PM']But it is intelligent comedy, while most sitcoms like Friends and King of Queens (or whatever is on these days... I don't bother to watch them because Lost is awesome) are largely void of any message or point (at least on Seinfield, being pointless was the whole idea).[/quote] I fail to see what is so intelligent about Family Guy.
LouisvilleFan Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='whatsup' post='1816890' date='Mar 26 2009, 11:56 AM']--actually, don't file a complaint. I know one of the writers of the show. He's my professor's son. Their goal is to see how far they can push the like. The more backlash they feel from the FCC the more successful they consider a show. When people don't watch and don't care they don't feel as if they are doing their job. Infact, shows that don't get negative attention (even ones that are extremely positively rated) are considered their failures.[/quote] Hmm... on that note, I hope you all do complain! Please, please round up a protest to the FCC! I don't want to be involved... I just happen to be a fan of Family Guy and would hate to see it dropped (again)
LouisvilleFan Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='StColette' post='1817215' date='Mar 26 2009, 06:19 PM']I fail to see what is so intelligent about Family Guy.[/quote] Well, South Park and Simpsons are probably more intelligent than Family Guy, but there are some pretty good episodes. I never think to catch it on TV, so can't speak for any recent seasons.
StColette Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1817217' date='Mar 26 2009, 05:22 PM']Well, South Park and Simpsons are probably more intelligent than Family Guy, but there are some pretty good episodes. I never think to catch it on TV, so can't speak for any recent seasons.[/quote] I find South Park to pretty much be nothing but trash and much of the time blasphemous. The Simpsons I can handle, but I still find some of their humor gross. I'm a firm believer that what we read or watch can have a great deal of influence on us morally. I mean you put trash in and what are you going to get out?
Saint Therese Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='HisChildForever' post='1816887' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:53 AM']I read the spoiler tags, totally disgusting.[/quote] Its fiction. Its. just. a. tv. show.
Saint Therese Posted March 26, 2009 Posted March 26, 2009 I know how to get around the blacked out wording.
T-Bone _ Posted March 26, 2009 Author Posted March 26, 2009 (edited) [quote name='fidei defensor' post='1817089' date='Mar 26 2009, 12:18 PM']You're a little behind. The FCC knows all about this already, they knew about it long before it aired. It's a TV show. If you're offended, you don't watch. Pretty simple solution.[/quote] I own the airwaves. If you're offended by that, move to a country where private companies own the airwaves, or get cable, where such filth belongs. And you're wrong that the FCC knew about it before it aired. The FCC doesn't have the time to review everything before it airs. That's what network censors are for--to avoid problems with sponsors and the FCC. (If I were you, I'd get my facts straight before spouting off about thing which I know nothing about.) Edited March 26, 2009 by T-Bone _
T-Bone _ Posted March 26, 2009 Author Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='StColette' post='1817215' date='Mar 26 2009, 03:19 PM']I fail to see what is so intelligent about Family Guy.[/quote] It's not. All it is is a bunch of random gross-out gags strung together. Garfield has more intelligent humor. (No offense to Garfield fans intended.)
T-Bone _ Posted March 26, 2009 Author Posted March 26, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' post='1817253' date='Mar 26 2009, 04:17 PM']Its fiction. Its. just. a. tv. show.[/quote] An inane and offensive TV show.
mariahLVzJP2 Posted March 27, 2009 Posted March 27, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' post='1817253' date='Mar 26 2009, 06:17 PM']Its fiction. Its. just. a. tv. show.[/quote] well believe it or not, the media (such as TV shows) have more of an influence in our society than you think, even if it is fiction.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now