An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kids Choice Awards

BG45

There's nothing on, so I turned over to see how Kids Choice Awards has changed since I was little. Well The Rock is hosting for one thing. The set is huge and garish with slime fountains. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are presenting the first award. And tonight's musical performances will be the Jonas Brothers and The Pussycat Dolls.

[b]Yes...THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS ARE PERFORMING AT A SHOW FULL OF NINE YEAR OLDS![/b]

At least this first category actually has kids shows for the favorite TV show award...the award given by Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller went to iCarly.

[quote name='BG45' post='1818933' date='Mar 28 2009, 08:10 PM']There's nothing on, so I turned over to see how Kids Choice Awards has changed since I was little. Well The Rock is hosting for one thing. The set is huge and garish with slime fountains. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are presenting the first award. And tonight's musical performances will be the Jonas Brothers and The Pussycat Dolls.

[b]Yes...THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS ARE PERFORMING AT A SHOW FULL OF NINE YEAR OLDS![/b]

At least this first category actually has kids shows for the favorite TV show award...the award given by Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller went to iCarly.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

If you want to watch Nickalodeon you don't need to make up an excuse, we understand :yes:

PCD, for the unfamiliar, are all former strippers who were signed to a major label.

A popular single:
"I'm telling you to loosen up my buttons baby, but you've been frontin', saying what you're gonna do to me, but I see nothin'..."

Ohhhh dear.

IcePrincessKRS

I tend not to may too much attention to things like that... it just completely disinterests me... but when I do happen to hear about things like this on occasion I think it's completely ridiculous that some of these songs are considered "kids choices." My kids love the song "Pocketful of Sunshine" but you can bet your sweet you-know-what that they have never heard the PCD's. They've never heard Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers, either. :mellow:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I think I am going to watch Pete & Pete now... I miss the good ol' nickelodeon days. :(

Its so awful how children are being forced through media to grow up so quickly and become involved/aware/interested in things that they shouldn't until high school or beyond.

Okay, I just wanna know the winner for Video Game now that I've seen the Pussycat Dolls dance and sing "Jai Ho" and "When I Grow Up"...because obviously these awards are the place for skimpily dressed women to sing about growing up to be sexy. Oh and the kids were waving "I <3 PCD" signs everywhere...I think I saw two kids grinding, but not sure.

Hassan, I so watched it when Avatar: The Last Airbender was on. Another case of Nick not being as kid friendly as when I was little; great show, but Nick didn't do genocide when I was a kid.

Icey....I think I suddenly understand so much of your POV on that. Dear goodness, is that Vanessa "I have nude pics floating of me on the net" Hudgens or just a similar looking person giving an award?

Rose and Luthien, I agree...

The Dark Knight is one of the movies listed as a candidate for Kids Choice. High School Musical 3 won though.

FutureNunJMJ, Pete and Pete rocked! I also miss Salute my Shorts.

Nominees for fav music group: Linkin Park, Pussycat Dolls, Daughtry, Jonas Brothers. Thankfully Jonas won...I guess. Better than groups with parental advisory warnings on their CD labels.

I don't think you should be part of the nominees if the kids voting can't buy your stuff without a parent.

Twilight series for best book...because obviously that's the best book series for a kid. Vampires and werewolves I have less problem with then the series sexual content and abortion talk.

Edited by BG45

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='BG45' post='1818991' date='Mar 28 2009, 09:43 PM']I don't think you should be part of the nominees if the kids voting can't buy your stuff without a parent[/quote]

lol No kidding!

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1818963' date='Mar 28 2009, 10:29 PM']I think I am going to watch Pete & Pete now... I miss the good ol' nickelodeon days. :([/quote]

Pete and Pete pwns all.

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JONHSON IN A SKIMPY RED DRESS...ugh.

Oh boy, Chris Rock making a race joke on the Kids Choice Awards. "I'll be the black one" for Charlie's Angels...oh boy the kids screamed for America's Next Top Model even though American Idol won reality show.

Oh dear, Vanessa "I have nude photos on the internet" Hudgens just won the award for fav female actress.

Edited by BG45

Oh...now we're doing a pseudo-pagan invocation of the "Slime Gods", complete with talk of growing up in the islands and studying the ancient ways. And it's over with the Jonas Brothers instead singing the slime to come out.

Edited by BG45