Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

O[i][/i]h! An[i][/i]d an[i][/i]other th[i][/i]ing I fo[i][/i]rgot t[i][/i]o ad[i][/i]d,

Th[i][/i]e gre[i][/i]atest[i][/i] tri[i][/i]ck Sa[i][/i]tan ev[i][/i]er pul[i][/i]led o[i][/i]n hu[i][/i]manity w[i][/i]as con[i][/i]vincing u[i][/i]s th[i][/i]at h[i][/i]e do[i][/i]esn't ex[i][/i]ist.

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='Moosey' post='1822226' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:49 PM']O[i][/i]h! An[i][/i]d an[i][/i]other th[i][/i]ing I fo[i][/i]rgot t[i][/i]o ad[i][/i]d,

Th[i][/i]e gre[i][/i]atest[i][/i] tri[i][/i]ck Sa[i][/i]tan ev[i][/i]er pul[i][/i]led o[i][/i]n hu[i][/i]manity w[i][/i]as con[i][/i]vincing u[i][/i]s th[i][/i]at h[i][/i]e do[i][/i]esn't ex[i][/i]ist.[/quote]
*scratches head* someone already said th[i][/i]at.

Posted

I[i][/i]t wa[i][/i]s i[i][/i]n th[i][/i]e ori[i][/i]ginal mes[i][/i]sage th[i][/i]at I cou[i][/i]ldn't po[i][/i]st ear[i][/i]lier. I w[i][/i]as mer[i][/i]ely ad[i][/i]ding wh[i][/i]at I h[i][/i]ad fo[i][/i]rgotten.

Nihil Obstat
Posted (edited)

W[i][/i]e ha[i][/i]ve t[i][/i]o menti[i][/i]o[i][/i]n i[i][/i]t a[i][/i]t lea[i][/i]st off[i][/i]ce pe[i][/i]r th[i][/i]read wh[i][/i]en w[i][/i]e[i][/i]'[i][/i]r[i][/i]e o[i][/i]n sub[i][/i]jects li[i][/i]ke thes[i][/i]e.

I bel[i][/i]ieve t[i][/i]h[i][/i]a[i][/i]t[i][/i]'[i][/i]s a C[i][/i].S. Lew[i][/i]i[i][/i]s quo[i][/i]te.

Edited by Nihil Obstat
Posted

O[i][/i]h yo[i][/i]u're r[i][/i]ight. I[i][/i]t w[i][/i]as m[i][/i]e wh[i][/i]o sa[i][/i]id i[i][/i]t alr[i][/i]eady. So[i][/i]rry :unsure:

Nihil Obstat
Posted

[quote name='Moosey' post='1822240' date='Apr 1 2009, 03:56 PM']O[i][/i]h yo[i][/i]u're r[i][/i]ight. I[i][/i]t w[i][/i]as m[i][/i]e wh[i][/i]o sa[i][/i]id i[i][/i]t alr[i][/i]eady. So[i][/i]rry :unsure:[/quote]
;)

Posted

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1821800' date='Apr 1 2009, 12:25 PM']Conducting a seance and asking about your astrological sign are quite different. Again, seances held to see if something happens is a lot different than just trying to strike up a conversation with someone. If the girl isn't reading her horoscope and then seeing if it actually happens, I hardly think it's appropriate to compare her question to holding a seance. [b]Apples and oranges people.[/b][/quote]


Apples and oranges are still fruit. :mellow:

Archaeology cat
Posted

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1822189' date='Apr 1 2009, 09:01 PM']Wow... th[i][/i]at i[i][/i]s rough...[/quote]
Yeah. Feel free to pray for her. I keep praying she has a change of heart.

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='Luthien' post='1822639' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:05 AM']Apples and oranges are still fruit. :mellow:[/quote]
apples and broccoli then. :mellow:

eagle_eye222001
Posted

[quote name='Luthien' post='1822639' date='Apr 2 2009, 11:05 AM']Apples and oranges are still fruit. :mellow:[/quote]

Exactly. While sharing some similarities, they are fairly different and cannot be judged by the same methods fairly.

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1822719' date='Apr 2 2009, 01:35 PM']apples and broccoli then. :mellow:[/quote]

Both made out of matter :nerd:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/matt+maher/track/maranatha"]Matt Maher - Maranatha[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Posted

My wife is an Astro-physics major and HATES astrology because aparently whenever anyone hears her major they assume she is into that junk.

Excelsior1027
Posted (edited)

It's just used for stupid entertainment now. The lame part is that it's not very entertaining entertainment

Edited by Excelsior1027
eagle_eye222001
Posted

[quote name='jon2004' post='1822753' date='Apr 2 2009, 02:32 PM']My wife is an Astro-physics major and HATES astrology because aparently whenever anyone hears her major they assume she is into that junk.[/quote]


Yeah, I can see many assuming that. Must be really annoying.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/the+fray/track/fall+away"]The Fray - Fall Away[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Posted

[quote name='Excelsior1027' post='1822756' date='Apr 2 2009, 02:42 PM']It's just used for stupid entertainment now. The lame part is that it's not very entertaining entertainment[/quote]
According to various studies, 31%-39% use astrology and believe it to be scientific.

Not that harmless.

Posted

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1822719' date='Apr 2 2009, 03:35 PM']apples and broccoli then. :mellow:[/quote]


Still vegetable. :mellow:

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1822722' date='Apr 2 2009, 12:39 PM']Exactly. While sharing some similarities, they are fairly different and cannot be judged by the same methods fairly.



Both made out of matter :nerd:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/matt+maher/track/maranatha"]Matt Maher - Maranatha[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]
I think you're making a different point than the poster you've quoted. :unsure:

Posted

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1822815' date='Apr 2 2009, 07:08 PM']I think you're making a different point than the poster you've quoted. :unsure:[/quote]


I think they are too. :unsure:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...