Mr.Cat Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1830644' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:02 AM']Why must you constantly infuse "feelings" into the debate. I do not dislike the pope nor do I dislike you. My feelings about the pope, or you, or anyone else for that matter, are irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Our disagreement is focused solely upon your assertion that a person must give "some weight" to the pope's personal opinions. This idea is contrary to sacred tradition, and so as a Catholic I cannot agree with you. In the final analysis, the pope's opinion is just that, his personal opinion, which is binding upon no one, and which no one has to pay any attention to.[/quote]I NEVER said that someone [b]must[/b] give "some weight" to a Pope's personal opinions. So you are ABSOULTELY WRONG.
Apotheoun Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' post='1830645' date='Apr 10 2009, 03:04 AM']I NEVER said that someone [b]must[/b] give "some weight" to a Pope's personal opinions. So you are ABSOULTELY WRONG.[/quote] Actually you said, ". . . but the opinions of the Popes do carry some weight," and you added "moreover when they actively speak out about it." You have implied that the pope's opinion about the Iraq war should be listened to, but that does not follow from Catholic tradition. The pope's opinion has the same weight as the opinion of any other man who is not entrusted with governing authority in the United States. It is left to the prudential judgment of the civil authorities to determine when all peaceful means have been exhausted and one must go to war.
Mr.Cat Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1830646' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:10 AM']Actually you said, ". . . but the opinions of the Popes do carry some weight," and you added "moreover when they actively speak out about it." You have implied that the pope's opinion about the Iraq war should be listened to, but that does not follow from Catholic tradition. The pope's opinion has the same weight as the opinion of any other man who is not entrusted with governing authority in the United States. It is left to the prudential judgment of the civil authorities to determine when all peaceful means have been exhausted and one must go to war.[/quote]I love it when someone can't prove anything and they know their wrong, SO they say "you implied it". Then when you ask, "[b]how?[/b]" They don't answer! Apotheoun, its okay, you misunderstood and you errored... We all do it... Please stop this nonsense... Its embarassing... Dust's Sister is even commenting this nonsense. Edited April 10, 2009 by Mr.CatholicCat
Apotheoun Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' post='1830648' date='Apr 10 2009, 03:13 AM']I love it when someone can't prove anything and they know their wrong, they say "you implied" it. Then when you ask, "how?" They don't answer! Apotheoun, its okay, you misunderstood and you errored... We all do it... Please stop this nonsense... Its embarassing... Dust's Sister is even commenting this nonsense.[/quote] I did not err, you simply write poorly.
Mr.Cat Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1830649' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:14 AM']I did not err, you simply write poorly.[/quote]If that is true; Then I write as poorly as you read... Good thing I am typing! Edited April 10, 2009 by Mr.CatholicCat
Dust's Sister Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 Are you guys going to argue all night/morning/day?!?!?
Apotheoun Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Dust's Sister' post='1830652' date='Apr 10 2009, 03:15 AM']Are you guys going to argue all night/morning/day?!?!?[/quote] No, I doubt that we will argue all morning. Although I have the day off, I will be attending services on an off today.
Mr.Cat Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Dust's Sister' post='1830652' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:15 AM']Are you guys going to argue all night/morning/day?!?!?[/quote]I hardly ever post, I think this is fun! But I admit extremely stupid... To answer your question, Apotheoun would have us ask the Pope...
Apotheoun Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' post='1830650' date='Apr 10 2009, 03:15 AM']Then I write as poorly as you read... Good thing I am typing![/quote] My ability to read is not impacted by your poor writing ability.
Dust's Sister Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1830653' date='Apr 10 2009, 04:16 AM']No, I doubt that we will argue all morning. Although I have the day off, I will be attending services on an off today.[/quote] It sounds like you have nothing else better to do with your time. u argued for a straight HOUR on a MESSAGE board. Edited April 10, 2009 by Dust's Sister
Apotheoun Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' post='1830654' date='Apr 10 2009, 03:17 AM']I hardly ever post, I think this is fun! But I admit extremely stupid... To answer your question, Apotheoun would have us ask the Pope... [/quote] I have enjoyed the encounter. I have always found Phatmass an interesting place.
Mr.Cat Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1830655' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:17 AM']My ability to read is not impacted by your poor writing ability.[/quote]Now that we arn't even on the subject anymore...
Apotheoun Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Dust's Sister' post='1830656' date='Apr 10 2009, 03:18 AM']It sounds like you have nothing else better to do with your time. u argued for a straight HOUR on a MESSAGE board.[/quote] At 3am I will begin my readings from the Horologion.
Apotheoun Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Dust's Sister' post='1830660' date='Apr 10 2009, 03:20 AM']how can that be? it's 4:19am...... [/quote] You live in the wrong time zone.
Dust's Sister Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' post='1830662' date='Apr 10 2009, 04:21 AM']I wish these posts didn't count to my total...[/quote] too bad I wasn't a moderator I'd delete them all. Pointless argument here.
Mr.Cat Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1830663' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:21 AM']You live in the wrong time zone. [/quote]That happens to me all the time!!! Stupid International Dateline...[quote name='Dust's Sister' post='1830664' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:22 AM']too bad I wasn't a moderator I'd delete them all. Pointless argument here.[/quote]DuSt will happily do it... But tell him that we want tacos, so very tasty and good for you,, so very tasty and good for you,! Edited April 10, 2009 by Mr.CatholicCat
Apotheoun Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 They have time zones in the Kitten Republic. Interesting.
Mr.Cat Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' post='1830667' date='Apr 10 2009, 05:25 AM']They have time zones in the Kitten Republic. Interesting.[/quote]Yeah... As decreed by the Kitten Council...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now