elizabeth09 Posted April 10, 2009 Posted April 10, 2009 I am going to graduating from high school in 18 or 19 days.
Moosey Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1829869' date='Apr 9 2009, 12:25 PM']Yall are still in highschool? Oh sweet little ones![/quote] Im still in high school because I went through Seton Home Study. I didn't graduate because Seton is hell. Ask any home schooler. Im probably about the same age as you.
rose wrought of iron Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 [quote name='Moosey' post='1831164' date='Apr 10 2009, 08:46 PM']Im still in high school because I went through Seton Home Study. I didn't graduate because Seton is hell. Ask any home schooler. Im probably about the same age as you.[/quote] Yeah, it was pretty hard, but I started public school at 9th grade, so I didn't really hit the really icky stuff. But the Saxon math really helped out in the long run. Until I hit calculus...
Moosey Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 I only made it to Algebra 1. I guess it could have gotten a lot worse if I had kept on going. Im finishing high school online.
rose wrought of iron Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 Yeah, I took the Algebra I. But my high school was *happy* and basically said there was no way I could have already taken Algebra 1 in homeschooling and made me retake it freshman year. Biggest waste of, probably the most boring class that entire year. But I made all 100s, which probably helped out my GPA more than I know.
Moosey Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 Lame. When I started my online program to finish high school, I asked for my transcripts from Seton and all the work I had done in Freshman year was marked as incomplete. So I basically decided to start from the bottom and work my way up. It wasn't hard since this program is extremely condensed and constructed for people like me; those who didn't get a chance to finish high school and are doing it later.
rose wrought of iron Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 Hey, if it works, it works. It's all good.
Moosey Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 Totally. I've been trying to graduate from Seton for several years. This program will take me 3 - 4 months. CRAZY!
Christie_M Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 [quote name='Moosey' post='1831405' date='Apr 10 2009, 09:47 PM']Lame. When I started my online program to finish high school, I asked for my transcripts from Seton and all the work I had done in Freshman year was marked as incomplete. So I basically decided to start from the bottom and work my way up. It wasn't hard since this program is extremely condensed and constructed for people like me; those who didn't get a chance to finish high school and are doing it later.[/quote] That's actually what I'm doing right now. Yes. I mean right now. Working on english. I'm such a procrastinator.
Christie_M Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 [quote name='Moosey' post='1831430' date='Apr 10 2009, 09:56 PM']Yay! Im not alone![/quote] haha not at all. what classes are you taking right now?
The Bus Station Posted April 11, 2009 Author Posted April 11, 2009 [img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1175/1230418210_bdbc3dd477.jpg[/img]
Moosey Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 [quote name='Christie_M' post='1831437' date='Apr 11 2009, 12:58 AM']haha not at all. what classes are you taking right now?[/quote] Im doing Introduction to Language Arts, Mathematics Skills 1, Survey of Physical Sciences (gag), and Exploring World History. I'll be moving onto the Sophomore grade work pretty soon which includes, Introduction to Literature, Math Skills 2, Survey of Ecology, and Exploring U.S. History. Im pretty excited because I started this program three weeks ago and Im almost done a year's worth of work.
Christie_M Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 [quote name='Moosey' post='1831713' date='Apr 11 2009, 08:51 AM']Im doing Introduction to Language Arts, Mathematics Skills 1, Survey of Physical Sciences (gag), and Exploring World History. I'll be moving onto the Sophomore grade work pretty soon which includes, Introduction to Literature, Math Skills 2, Survey of Ecology, and Exploring U.S. History. Im pretty excited because I started this program three weeks ago and Im almost done a year's worth of work.[/quote] Isn't it cool how it works and how fast you can go? Unless you're like me though...I have hardly done anything since september but wow, i've completed alot this week. I'm taking Language arts 12, geometry, computer tech, biology(again ), gov., health/physical ed (which is dumb lol) can't wait to see what i get for my elective choices. and what I'm doing next sememster
The Bus Station Posted April 11, 2009 Author Posted April 11, 2009 Y'all we're gonna have a big graduation bash after everyone's graduated. Start sending invitations.
Christie_M Posted April 11, 2009 Posted April 11, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1832143' date='Apr 11 2009, 04:09 PM']What is Seton?[/quote] Its a charter school thing. The program/company has a whole curriculm which is accredited and you basicaly do everything math, science, etc. like homework and then you send it in at the end of the month. You even take standardised tests and all that jazz. um. I don't really know how to explain it more then that. [quote name='The Bus Station' post='1832144' date='Apr 11 2009, 04:10 PM']Y'all we're gonna have a big graduation bash after everyone's graduated. Start sending invitations.[/quote] I haven't got mine yet.
The Bus Station Posted April 12, 2009 Author Posted April 12, 2009 [img]http://www.62infantry.com/images/62RIB.jpg[/img] Happy easter
The Bus Station Posted April 13, 2009 Author Posted April 13, 2009 [img]http://www.kolumbus.fi/poppa-art/kuva61.JPG[/img]
The Bus Station Posted April 14, 2009 Author Posted April 14, 2009 [img]http://www.sportsmansspeedwaymarshall.com/resources/WD.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now