Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Yours, Mine, And Ours


Recommended Posts

virginiancatholic
Posted

The old one is definitely better, though corny and melodramatic at the same time. Personally, the new one disgusted me, but I am an idealist I suppose. The original has been a timeless favorite at our house...and kind of our image of utopia since the main goal of my siblings and I was to have a larger family than anyone else! Our parents did not share our ideal, however, for they stopped at 8 :duel: :bike: :secret: :console: Definitely a great movie, and they did a fairly good job (for hollywood) explaining what married love was about.

Another good large family book for reading is [url="http://www.amazon.com/Story-Trapp-Family-Singers/dp/0385028962"]The Story of the Von Trapp Family Singers,[/url] written by Maria Von Trapp. Daddy wasn't so stern and overbearing, there were more children, the family was already musically inclined and loving, etc.

she_who_is_not
Posted

I love the old version!!! I've watched it about a dozen times. I really like the part where Henry Fonda is talking to the oldest girl about sex. It's a great little speech (and timeless too).

elizabeth09
Posted

I still like the older one.

jwingert72
Posted

Think the original is much, much, much better for it is a testiment to the beauty of marriage and family life. You also get the real sense of the true story, about a faithful Catholic couple. The remake had some issues that seem to be politically driven and was a very shallow take on the family life and the marriage.

Check out the 1968 version. Much better then the remake! Trust me! I have seen both.

Angel*Star
Posted

Better yet read the book "Who Gets the Drumstick?"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...