Lil Red Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 Maybe when you first see someone post (like on their first or second or whatever post) you could Private Message them with a welcome message. Maybe that way more peeps would stick around and be part of the discussions we have here. What do you guys think?
thicke Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 I think it's a great idea. Being a shy person my self, I can see where it would help.
master_alterserver Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 Sounds like work. :angry: But fun work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lil Red Posted March 25, 2004 Author Posted March 25, 2004 [quote name='master_alterserver' date='Mar 24 2004, 05:58 PM'] Sounds like work. :angry: But fun work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote] yur funnie!
immaculata Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 When I first joined, Hyper was the first one to send me a PM. It was something to the effect of, "I don't know you, but I love your awesome name" Things like that are a really nice touch
homeschoolmom Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 Cmom and Aloysius both PMed me within minutes of my first post... that's why I love 'em both...
AngelofJesus Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 Second post or is it third, hmm... Show me the love baby!!
Aloysius Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Mar 24 2004, 09:06 PM'] Cmom and Aloysius both PMed me within minutes of my first post... that's why I love 'em both... [/quote] awwwwee :tiphat: i love you too :wub: ! Pax et Amorque Christi!
Lil Red Posted March 25, 2004 Author Posted March 25, 2004 btw, for newbies, to see if you have a message, at the top of the page it will say My Controls. 0 (or whatever) New Messages Click on the New Messages to get your messages.
WCC_Catholic Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 i didnt not get pm ever but i think that is is also a really good idea. it makes a person who is alone in there faith like i am at college feel welcome and loved. i started a thread and people started to help me realize that i am not alone. i am still waiting for my PM hint hint hint Sarah Marie
Laudate_Dominum Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 [quote name='immaculata' date='Mar 24 2004, 09:01 PM'] When I first joined, Hyper was the first one to send me a PM. [/quote] Me too!
Homestarlover85 Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 I think thats a great idea, but I must say that I felt very welcome when I first came here.
littleflower+JMJ Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 you know im up for it...az was the first to welcome me when i first came.... its just kinda hard since we dont have that thing on the phorum index to tell us who our newest member is but im for it!
SacredTruth Posted March 25, 2004 Posted March 25, 2004 I think thats a good idea. No one has sent me a pm. Only a few people have replied to my comments and seemed interested. Its kinda hard to make conversation and freely offer up your opinion and thoughts when you dont know anyone. It just kinda seems a bit clickish around here and I think if someone took the extra effort to say hi one on one... it would make new people feel more welcome and part of the group. Atleast this is how I feel as a new person anyways... Am I gonna be ostricized (sp?) for saying all of this now? LOL
SacredTruth Posted March 28, 2004 Posted March 28, 2004 See now its been 2 days since that last post I made up there and no one has said hi. I think this thread was posted with good intentions though. So I'll keep hoping and praying that someone will say hi and make me feel a little more welcome.
Iacobus Posted March 28, 2004 Posted March 28, 2004 I never got a PM until I sent one. I sent one to VeraMaria after like 2 months of membership and a month of posting, lol. It was something about a creepy alien thread.
Fiat_Voluntas_Tua Posted March 28, 2004 Posted March 28, 2004 When I first joined, I found out that Theotoko and I are going to be going to the same college...and he sent me a PM and it hooked me.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now