An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Think I Figured It Out

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1839438' date='Apr 18 2009, 01:51 AM']iawtc[/quote]

what does this stand for i never have figured it out ?

Nihil Obstat

I Agree With This Comment. :)

You notice the Catechism really doesn't give any specifics. It's because there aren't any. At least not that we can find. I believe it's only going to make sense after the fact.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1839448' date='Apr 18 2009, 12:54 AM']I Agree With This Comment. :)

You notice the Catechism really doesn't give any specifics. It's because there aren't any. At least not that we can find. I believe it's only going to make sense after the fact.[/quote]

ok so how about this

i gotta find some quotes bear with me

i just thought of this ealier.

If you really want some interesting stuff about end times that is in conformity with Scripture, Tradition, and the Magisterium, I'd suggest looking at the Golden Legend by Bl. Jacobus de Voragine, Bishop of Genoa.

Edited by Resurrexi

what if satan doesnt actually come in the flesh.

From The Catechism :

"supreme religious deception" before the second coming of Christ and that the supreme form of this deception is that of the Antichrist, who will bring "a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah that comes in the flesh"

So in a sence the way people would take the mark of the beast 666 would be by glorifing himself in place of God and of his Messiah that comes in the flesh.

So what if these christains who teach the rapture are correct in the sence we will transform and be taken away with God before satan would come to the earth in the flesh.

So that would make sence why Jesus says " But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. "

Because think of this way. If the actual antichirst came and we regognized him on earth then we would know exactly when Jesus was coming. Because we would know the timeframe the scripture says will be between satan coming and Christ coming.

But if the scripture isnt talking literally and indeed taking the mark of the beast is a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah that comes in the flesh" then that would make sence how at any moment Christ could return to the earth without us knowing.

See what I am saying ?

Now I know shouldnt worry about this and im not but this senerio seems to make sence in my mind.

Edited by Guest

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1839458' date='Apr 18 2009, 01:08 AM']If you really want some interesting stuff about end times that is in conformity with Scripture, Tradition, and the Magisterium, I'd suggest looking at the Golden Legend by Jacobus de Voragine, Bishop of Genoa.[/quote]
Remember Desmond? He posted... not that many times a few months ago. He's a genius though. In my opinion. His book, I'd be willing to bet everything I own, is a solid read. Desmond Birch.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1839459' date='Apr 18 2009, 01:09 AM']what if satan doesnt actually come in the flesh.

From The Catechism :

"supreme religious deception" before the second coming of Christ and that the supreme form of this deception is that of the Antichrist, who will bring "a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah that comes in the flesh"

So in a sence the way people would take the mark of the beast 666 would be by glorifing himself in place of God and of his Messiah that comes in the flesh.

So what if these christains who teach the rapture are correct in the sence we will transform and be taken away with God before satan would come to the earth in the flesh.

So that would make sence why Jesus says " But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. "

Because think of this way. If the actual antichirst came and we regognized him on earth then we would know exactly when Jesus was coming. Because we would know the timeframe the scripture says will be between satan coming and Christ coming.

But if the scripture isnt talking literally and indeed taking the mark of the beast is a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah that comes in the flesh" then that would make sence how at any moment Christ could return to the earth without us knowing.

See what I am saying ?

Now I know shouldnt worry about this and im not but this senerio seems to make sence in my mind.[/quote]
I'm sorry, you lost me somewhere along the way. Not sure what your theory is.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1839463' date='Apr 18 2009, 01:14 AM']I'm sorry, you lost me somewhere along the way. Not sure what your theory is.[/quote]

lol thats alright....

basically that jesus says "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

Ok so if an actual antichrist came first we would know the time Jesus is coming. Fundamentalist say it will be a 7 year tribulation.

But if that were not the case and the mark of the antichrist was recieved by worshiping one self then that means Jesus could return at any time and the antichrist is already here in a sence.

That means we wouldnt see an actual antichrist making fire come down from heaven and so forth.

And it would also sorta make those that teach the rapture correct in the sence that we wont know when Jesus comes back. It will be in the twinkle of an eye. Again if an actual antichrist came to earth (satan in the flesh) we would know when Jesus was coming.

But Jesus says "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1839462' date='Apr 18 2009, 02:11 AM']Remember Desmond? He posted... not that many times a few months ago. He's a genius though. In my opinion. His book, I'd be willing to bet everything I own, is a solid read. Desmond Birch.[/quote]

Yes, Desmond and I quite disagreed on matters liturgical (but then again I disagree with quite a few people :) ). I didn't know he wrote a book on end times, though I'm sure it'd be a good one to read on the subject. I honestly am more worried about my own death than end times, though.

Edited by Resurrexi

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1839467' date='Apr 18 2009, 01:18 AM']lol thats alright....

basically that jesus says "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

Ok so if an actual antichrist came first we would know the time Jesus is coming. Fundamentalist say it will be a 7 year tribulation.

But if that were not the case and the mark of the antichrist was recieved by worshiping one self then that means Jesus could return at any time and the antichrist is already here in a sence.

That means we wouldnt see an actual antichrist making fire come down from heaven and so forth.

And it would also sorta make those that teach the rapture correct in the sence that we wont know when Jesus comes back. It will be in the twinkle of an eye. Again if an actual antichrist came to earth (satan in the flesh) we would know when Jesus was coming.

But Jesus says "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."[/quote]
At first glace I think your theory holds water, but I'm not qualified to say either way. :P

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1839469' date='Apr 18 2009, 01:18 AM']Yes, Desmond and I quite disagreed on matters liturgical (but then again I disagree with quite a few people :) ). I didn't know he wrote a book on end times, though I'm sure it'd be a good one to read on the subject. I honestly am more worried about my own death than end times, though.[/quote]
I think eschatology is actually his area of expertise. It was mentioned somewhere during the time he was posting. Called something like "Trials and Tribulations".

But I will also add that if a super ordinary Christ like figure comes to the earth in our time and our body doesnt transform and he says that he is Jesus Christ and blah blah I will not accept him. Even if people inside the church say that it is Him and I have to accept him. Because clearly it would not be Jesus Christ if we were still in our human bodies.