An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sheffield Carmel - One Week To Go!

AccountDeleted

Marieteresa

Hey missy, I wanted to reply but was unable to for some reason...Anyway, know that you are in my prayers and please keep me posted. Take care my friend

Laudem Gloriae

I have had to reschedule my discernment trip to Sheffield Carmel a few times due to funds and time off from work but I am planning to go visit them in July - put off from last year! Good practice in the virues of patience and perseverance!

In email from Mother Mary there today, she states that Annie will enter as a postulant with them this Sunday.

Let's keep her in our prayers.

InHisLove726

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' post='1858806' date='May 5 2009, 06:27 PM']I have had to reschedule my discernment trip to Sheffield Carmel a few times due to funds and time off from work but I am planning to go visit them in July - put off from last year! Good practice in the virues of patience and perseverance!

In email from Mother Mary there today, she states that Annie will enter as a postulant with them this Sunday.

Let's keep her in our prayers.[/quote]

YAY!!!!!! I'm so happy for Annie!!!!! I've been keeping her in my thoughts and prayers and I am so excited to hear the AMAZING news! I do hope that she will be able to post one last time from a library like she hoped. :D

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' post='1858806' date='May 5 2009, 07:27 PM']I have had to reschedule my discernment trip to Sheffield Carmel a few times due to funds and time off from work but I am planning to go visit them in July - put off from last year! Good practice in the virues of patience and perseverance!

Let's keep her in our prayers.[/quote]

Beauitful news! Thank you so much for sharing. I keep in my prayers that all will happen for her according to His will. Possibly this is where the Lord has called her, and i'm so happy for her.

May the Lord continue to give her heart His graces, blessings, and strength to accomplish His holy and perfect will!

AccountDeleted

Hello phatmass phamily from Wolverhampton, England! I have been in Sheffield since last Saturday and I just love them so much! Laudem Gloriae is right - this coming Sunday after Vespers Benediction and Vespers, I will enter the enclosure, and by God's grace, live there for the rest of my life! :pray:

I want you all to know that I have been praying for everyone here, especially for those who asked for prayers, and for those benefactors, who know who they are! :love: Thank you all so much for your prayers for me!

I am at the library down the road from the Wolverhampton monastery and will be spending tonight and tomorrow night with them. I had to attend to some business today, so decided to take an extra day with them, just to give me some time to chat in the parlor with them all! They just got a new postulant too - from the Philippines! I am so glad for them. The Prioress and Novice Mistress from WV attended a formators meeting fairly recently, and on the way back home, they stopped in at Sheffield and spent time visiting with Mother Prioress there. Mother made me laugh when she told me about their visit, because they told her that I would be very happy to see that they had so many hermitages on their grounds, and they also have a shower!!! (WV only had a bath). I just love all these women so much - they are so kind and generous hearted.

Anyway, many prayers for all, most especially for those discerning -- but for everyone!!!

Praise God for His goodness!

Edited by nunsense

VeniteAdoremus

God bless you, Nunsense! Pray for me - we'll soon be living in the same country :)

DameAgnes

YAY, ANNIE! I have been holding you in prayer! I pray this is it for you, that God finally says - like the judge in the parable, "this woman won't stop knocking on my door! I'll give her what she wants!"

The pics are so glorious. God bless you!

FiereMargriet

Deo gratias! I am so excited for you and praying for you very much :) :pray:

Edited by FiereMargriet

the lords sheep

Thanks be to God!
Annie, I know you can't read this, but you'll be in our prayers!

In Christ,
Lauren