Ziggamafu Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 My secret is mine and mine alone, a name that etched be on my bones, combing the lore of sources much sung, a friendly name, rolls well off thy tongue.
pat22 Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 I don't remember I was sleepwalking when I made my phatmass account. what? you think I'd consciously sign up? here? ha ha!
cmotherofpirl Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 [quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1852064' date='Apr 29 2009, 04:40 AM'][/quote] save that for a future avatar All my kids friends refer to me as my last name plus mom as in c.........'s mom made homemade spagetti sauce again
mamalove Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 Mine is in reference to the Mother Love prayer book (one of my favorites). But I changed the "Mother" to "Mama" because that's what the kids call me. Although I might have to change it to MOOOOOMMMMlove as the kids are getting older and getting attitude
dominicansoul Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 I thought of mine because I'm totally in love with St. Dominic Guzman and Dominican Spirituality. There's a beautiful treatise written by a Dominican Friar, titled "The Dominican Soul." I try my best to live out my life in regards to the ideals written in this treatise. I have also been blessed with the experience of living in a Dominican convent. This time in the convent was given to me by God and has formed and shaped me into the "dominicansoul" I am today....
Groo the Wanderer Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 I loved reading the Groo comic books in college. When I started playing Neverwinter Nights, I got the idea to try to role-play Groo. It was fun, so the name stuck.
icelandic_iceskater Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 mine dates back to lifeteen's teen talk days. I dunno exactly why it's what it is since I'm only 1/8 icelandic and I never spent too much time in ice. [quote name='Ziggamafu' post='1852109' date='Apr 29 2009, 09:15 AM']My secret is mine and mine alone, a name that etched be on my bones, combing the lore of sources much sung, a friendly name, rolls well off thy tongue.[/quote] yours reminds me of zoboomafo... like the PBS kids show about a lemur
Arpy Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 I had this longish name on another site that most everyone shortened to RP. Arpy is like the spelling-out of those letters. Emphasis on the 'ar' sound.
rkwright Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 well I guess I'm in good company with Catherine and Christine!
Nunsense Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 I honestly can't remember but I wanted it to have something to do with nuns and the play on words seemed to work.
jeffpugh Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 Well, I couldn't think of a distinctly Catholic-like name for this phorum, though I had some gaming aliases which wouldn't have made sense here (and my newest psudonym "Fyrjefe" was made up after I joined), so I went with SMM, cause my mission of coming here was sort of to discuss sacred music with other Catholics, and heck, learn a thing or two else from hard-core type Catholics. The rest was just bonus.
MIKolbe Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 MI = Militia Immaculata Kolbe for St. Koble who founded the MI.
AbsconditaInDeo Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 Abscondita In Deo means "Hidden in God." It's a name I found when I was reading a biography on Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity, [u][/u]He Is My Heaven[u][/u]. Blessed Elizabeth gave herself the name Laudem Gloriae, Praise of Glory, and someone here already had that name and so I couldn't use it, but in the biography, one of the nuns also wanted another name so Blessed Elizabeth gave her the name Abscondita In Deo and I really liked it so I decided to use it as a user name
pan!c139 Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 [quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1852195' date='Apr 29 2009, 08:30 AM']yours reminds me of zoboomafo... like the PBS kids show about a lemur [/quote] yeah it does!! When I made mine up, I was a huge Panic at the Disco fan, also inspiration for the "!". 139 comes from Psalm 139. Nothing super creative.
eagle_eye222001 Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 (edited) I needed to pick a username to play chess on yahoo so I picked [b]eagle_eye[/b] and yahoo said no and offered [b]eagle_eye222001[/b] so I said okay. I don't like having a bunch of different user names so I tend to keep the same one when I join a site. Some sites get picky though and don't like underscore. So if your on another site, and you see an eagle_eye222001 or something really close.....chances are really good it's me. ---------------- Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/vertical+horizon/track/all+of+you"]Vertical Horizon - All of You[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url] Edited April 29, 2009 by eagle_eye222001
rizz_loves_jesus Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 (edited) I was nicknamed "Rizz" by a bunch of my older sister's friends in like 5th grade, and it just kinda stuck. And I love Jesus Edited April 29, 2009 by rizz_loves_jesus
Norseman82 Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 I am a Quigley alumnus, and we were known as the "Norsemen" (prior to the reuniting of Quigley North and Quigley South in 1990). "82" - I graduated in 1982.
picchick Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 Pic: Piccolo, Pictures chick: I am a girl Picchick Although I would love to make it picCHICKolo then the piccolo really comes out. I just wasn't thinking when I made it.
The Bus Station Posted April 29, 2009 Posted April 29, 2009 I answered this question the first day I got here (don't feel like typing it again ): One of my favorite songs is "The High Countries" by Caedmon's Call. The opening of the song is "A bus station in the steam from the rain/In this line of pale strangers, should I go or stay?". Then, I picked up the book The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis and realized that said song was inspired by said book. The bus station is the opening setting for both the song and the book, and in its context, I think it's a symbol for that gray area we find ourselves in sometimes, wanting to abandon ourselves to Christ but held back by the world. That book is now my favorite book, and my username is a tribute to the book/song. It's also just fun because it looks so random.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now