Moosey Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 Im 20 dear. It would be illegal for me to enter into such a union with someone your age. Now if you mean that you may marry a girl who is also 16 than that applies, with parent's permission of course.
Resurrexi Posted May 5, 2009 Author Posted May 5, 2009 Yes, I meant that I could marry a girl around my own age, lol. Not that I intend to do so... My point was just that if the Church says I could get married in less than a year, then I am old enough to be in a serious relationship
Moosey Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 I think she meant that most 15 year olds are not in the position to be in a serious relationship. Hormones are going all over the place. Also, good strong relationships are hard to maintain to begin with. Many teenagers cannot take the pressure.
IcePrincessKRS Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 I meant exactly what I said: most 15 year olds are NOT mature enough to maintain a serious and long-lasting relationship. Just because you technically CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. Everyone's circumstances are different and what may be prudent for one person isn't for another. I have yet to meet a 15-16 year old who is truly ready for marriage.
missionseeker Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 (edited) I think that maturity and such is highly influenced by culture. Just because the church (and the civil law) SAYS you can doesn't mean everyone should. or is ready. Honestly, communication is a huge part of relationship and you didn't even bother to talk to her when you were in the same physical location. Obviously you DON'T know how to interact for a long term relationship. Taking care of the other person's needs (and she NEEDS to communicate with you) is a part of it. Just because you are chronologically advanced enough to be legally married, does not mean that you are psychologically advanced enough. Edited May 5, 2009 by missionseeker
IcePrincessKRS Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 [quote name='missionseeker' post='1858712' date='May 5 2009, 06:20 PM']I think that maturity and such is highly influenced by culture. Just because the church (and the civil law) SAYS you can doesn't mean everyone should. or is ready. Honestly, communication is a huge part of relationship and you didn't even bother to talk to her when you were in the same physical location. Obviously you DON'T know how to interact for a long term relationship. Taking care of the other person's needs (and she NEEDS to communicate with you) is a part of it. Just because you are chronologically advanced enough to be legally married, does not mean that you are psychologically advance enough.[/quote] *ding* We have a winner!
Resurrexi Posted May 5, 2009 Author Posted May 5, 2009 (edited) BTW I bought her flowers and gave them to her this morning. She's not as upset now Edited May 5, 2009 by Resurrexi
rachael Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1858692' date='May 5 2009, 04:03 PM']The Code of Canon Law says I can get married at 16... [/quote] doesn't mean you're ready to. and stop bringing up Canon Law when it isn't relevant. Edited May 5, 2009 by rachael
missionseeker Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1858717' date='May 5 2009, 04:23 PM']BTW I bought her flowers and gave them to her this morning. She's not as upset now [/quote] has anyone told you that you're kinda cliche?
missionseeker Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 guy screws up girl gets upset guy is like guy says "I did something stupid. Maybe I'll get flowers" Guy gets flowers. It's cliche.
Moosey Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 Buying your girl flowers after a fight. Oldest trick in the book m'friend. It'll get old, trust me.
missionseeker Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 if you really want to make it up to her, be original. srsly...
Resurrexi Posted May 5, 2009 Author Posted May 5, 2009 It was all I had time to think of or do this morning...
missionseeker Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 you don't have time to think of things to do... you don't call her... you didn't talk to her... See a pattern?
rachael Posted May 5, 2009 Posted May 5, 2009 [quote name='missionseeker' post='1858750' date='May 5 2009, 05:36 PM']you don't have time to think of things to do... you don't call her... you didn't talk to her... See a pattern?[/quote] relationships take time. a lot of time. i don't see my boyfriend but once a week (if that), but i take the time to call him everyday, text him throughout the day and maybe do other things such as write him an e-mail or on his facebook wall (lol). cat and smm haven't even met yet, but they take the time throughout the week to keep in contact with each other, even if they are busy. if you cannot do this, why are you in a relationship with her? it's no wonder she was mad at you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now