An Old School Catholic Message Board

So Who Will Be Attending A Corpus Christi Procession?

TeresaBenedicta

TeresaBenedicta
:smokey:

Just curious.

My parish has one every year. We go processing through the downtown of our little city. Some funny looks from those in town, lol. But it's awesome. We generally stop at a few altars for benediction. First communicates spread rose petals. 20 some altar boys.

It's awesome.

Can't wait for it!

4th Degree members in our council will be dressed in full regalia during the procession, we tend to hold the canopy over the monstrance containing the Eucharist.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1889496' date='Jun 13 2009, 02:26 AM']4th Degree members in our council will be dressed in full regalia during the procession, we tend to hold the canopy over the monstrance containing the Eucharist.[/quote]

Yay!

I forgot to mention the Knights of Columbus. We'll have the same.

puellapaschalis

The Dutch bishops also transfer the feast to Sunday <_< and tomorrow there's a Diocesan day at a local martyrdom site; they'll have a procession with the relics of our diocesan patron.

At the parish we'll have a procession...[i]inside the church[/i]. I guess we're not brave enough to show our Catholic faces on the streets just yet :annoyed:

We do it when the weather cooperates, and it is supposed to be 27 degrees tomorrow (that's 80 degrees American), so we will make our procession past the prostitutes and drug dealers. That always gets their attention. We also have a big one downtown at the basilica later in the day.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1889602' date='Jun 13 2009, 09:01 AM']We do it when the weather cooperates, and it is supposed to be 27 degrees tomorrow (that's 80 degrees American), so we will make our procession past the prostitutes and drug dealers. That always gets their attention. We also have a big one downtown at the basilica later in the day.[/quote]

Perhaps hand out plastic rosaries :D?

littlesister

We have a beautiful one in the streets around our seaport parish, which is Italian / Croatian / Hispanic / Filippino / and Anglo of just about every other background on earth! Weekend Masses are in four languages.

We have a diocesan celebration (pizza supper and catechesis for youth, then Mass at Notre Dame basilica, procession to and benediction at St. Patrick's basilica) on Thursday, and Mass at our parish on Sunday (in Canada, the feast is transfered to Sunday). This year the diocese sent out a couple of questions to all the parishes on whether they did anything special to celebrate Corpus Christi. I'm not sure of the purpose of the questions, though.

Excelsior1027

We had one around the outside of the church, so people could see us on the street. We had altar servers and a canopy, two altars to stop at and then benediction inside the church. It was pretty nice. :)

inunionwithrome

Oh, that is so nice. I wish we had one here. When my dad was a boy, he was an altar server and he got to serve with Bishop Tullin? in Mobile and they walked the streets and always had a big procession. They did have altar server training yesterday though. It was the weekend of graduations here and so many other competing things.