An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gran Torino

Brother Adam

Brother Adam

Woah. I rented this movie on a whim from Redbox having never heard of it. I went back the same night and bought the movie. Incredible Clint Eastwood movie. Very harsh foul language though. I loved the ending, and the catechetical parallels, but I won't give it away. Who else saw it?

It was enjoyable, but lots of the acting seemed stilted--like the other characters were just there for Clint to bounce his acting off.

It was refreshing to see a movie where a Catholic priest is actually made to be a likable good guy, instead of the evil bad guy.

I liked the movie overall... probably about 3 out of 4 stars for me.

He was nice, but he had to fit the not respecting an old guy theme being hammered into us at hte beginning, which made him annoying.

[quote name='Maximilianus' post='1891163' date='Jun 15 2009, 02:45 AM']It made my eyes sweat a few times.[/quote]

Good. Your eyes need the exercise.

[quote name='Excelsior1027' post='1890961' date='Jun 15 2009, 12:14 AM']I really liked it. Clint Eastwood's character was just awesome.[/quote]

More and more, as Clint Eastwood ages, he resembles my grandfather, in both look and sound. It's scary yet very comforting at the same time, for we lost him last year. And the rush of emotion I feel when I watch this movie in particular probably stems from my immediate connection with the character he plays.

Loved this movie. Watched it twice in theaters, and want to get it now that it's out on DVD. Was an instant favorite for me. Good messages, and old Clint shows he's still got it.

Saw the movie in theaters and rented it from Redbox as well. I plan on buying it in the future (money is pretty tight). An awesome Clint Eastwood movie, one of my recent favorites to hit theaters.

Anyone else enjoy the part where he...

[spoiler]Confronted the gang on his lawn and made the comment "We used to stack ****s like you 5 feet high in Korea and use you as sandbags!" or when he confronted the black guys harrasing that asian girl. Great moments.[/spoiler]

Edited by Paladin D

Brother Adam

Yup. This movie is instantly quotable. Like Napoleon Dynamite. But manlier. One of the best parts of the movie was the first barber shop scene. [spoiler]I thought for sure Eastwood was going to beat the hell out of him until I realized they were just joking around.[/spoiler]

this is such a great movie.... its perfect. funny yet serious. epic, action packed, good themes and message.

I want to be walt when I get old. Sit on my porch and drink pats blue ribbon....cept ill go to church lol.