An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gran Torino

Brother Adam

Excelsior1027

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1892215' date='Jun 15 2009, 11:40 PM']Anyone else enjoy the part where he...

[spoiler]Confronted the gang on his lawn and made the comment "We used to stack ****s like you 5 feet high in Korea and use you as sandbags!" or when he confronted the black guys harrasing that asian girl. Great moments.[/spoiler][/quote]
I loved those parts. It was awesome. I was pretty much cheering for him in my seat.

• 2 weeks later...
TeresaBenedicta

Just watched it with my parents....

Wow. One of the best movies I've seen in a very, very long time.

Strong language, but I think it was "stylishly" done, if you know what I mean. Obviously not a movie for kids, but...

heavenseeker

i saw the trailers for this movie, they looked really good and i want to see it a lot! i think on of the guys down the hall from me has it so i might be able to borrow it from him.

goldenchild17

The acting on pretty much everyone's part but Eastwood's was sort of awkward, but still one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

loveletslive

clint is such a badass :)

although it really bugged me when the priest didn't say the right prayer of absolution XD

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1895022' date='Jun 18 2009, 01:56 AM']I loved the scene where Tao gets a job. Funny!![/quote]
Yeah. I loved that moment. He took all the hints from Clint's character and ran with it. I laughed so hard at that moment cause the kid is soo noob, but he totally lands it.

[quote name='loveletslive' post='1903215' date='Jun 27 2009, 11:12 PM']clint is such a badass :)

although it really bugged me when the priest didn't say the right prayer of absolution XD[/quote]
Me too, but then I thought he probably [i]can't [/i]say it, cause it would then be mimicking a priest.

[eta]

I liked Tao's grandma. She was hilarious.

Edited by Sacred Music Man

Usually the depictions of Catholic liturgies are very traddie in movies. Those in this one were not, though. I guess that makes it more realistic.

It was so great because it was an description of what a man should do. The end was more beautiful than anything I imagined.

Tao's grandma was wonderful.

Tao turned around nicely because someone was willing to invest some time ( reluctantly at first ).

Tao's sister's episode made me feel such pain...

Clint? Dirty Harry spends a Fistful of Dollars getting geriatric, but a tremendous film.

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='"Kyrie eleison' post='1905338' date='Jun 29 2009, 01:51 PM']I loved the movie. Is Clint Catholic?[/quote]

Sadly, no. It would be awesome if he was and though I haven't seen this movie yet, what I heard makes it seem like he is. But he is into Transcendentalist Meditation.

"Kyrie eleison"

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1905400' date='Jun 29 2009, 03:03 PM']Sadly, no. It would be awesome if he was and though I haven't seen this movie yet, what I heard makes it seem like he is. But he is into Transcendentalist Meditation.[/quote]

You would think that he is a Catholic because of the Catholic storyline. I don't want to ruin it for you, but what he does says it all.