MIKolbe Posted June 20, 2009 Posted June 20, 2009 [quote name='dUSt' post='1896094' date='Jun 19 2009, 02:56 PM']Well, technically, I only use "my" money until I can pay myself back with "your" money. lol[/quote] incorrect in a legal sense. it is your money. if you need legal advise, I know Terra can help. I have sources too.
Kiddkapps Posted June 21, 2009 Posted June 21, 2009 [quote name='dUSt' post='1895926' date='Jun 19 2009, 11:34 AM']I don't think I have a case... See, they are "PhatMass Forum". We are the "Phatmass Phorum". We'll never prove that they are trying to mislead people.[/quote] au contraire...I think a great argument can be made for copyright and trademark purposes...phatmass being a "unique" term akin to Jabberwocky....I think you can do it.....even without the proper registration being done before hand........let's go after them...I want to upgrade my office size anyway..... How uncharitable of me. I know there's reference in the bible 'bout frivolous suing and what not...but really now - - - that's just bad.
Kiddkapps Posted June 21, 2009 Posted June 21, 2009 oooooh they incorporated. Maybe all your legal team members from across the states and flowing into Canada should write cease and desist letters......PWHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA.... how scarey would that be...legal action threatened from every state and from Canada and abroad.... 4marks, LLC P.O. Box 154 Zelienople, PA 16063
Kiddkapps Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 (edited) 4marks is owned and managed by Acolyte, LLC 211 East Grandview Avenue Zelienople, PA 16063 Phone: 888-605-3977 info @ goacolyte dot com "Acolyte deploys its extensive e-marketing resources to generate publicity, drive traffic and develop brand appeal. Strategies include targeted e-mail distribution, proprietary and non-proprietary affiliate programs, marketing integration, paid search as well other non-traditional paid ad network and content advertising. [b]How to get visitors from search engines [/b] How to market by e-mail How to track the results of your campaigns How to measure site/sales effectiveness Design & immplement successful banner ad campaigns Measuring banner ad effectiveness Acquiring highly targeted visitors Acquiring untargeted visitors High ranking in major search engine Building a customer e-mail list " Edited June 23, 2009 by Kiddkapps
Ziggamafu Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 (edited) Dust, you're being to lenient on this one. Don't let yourself get walked over, here. You would not be a jerk to point out the error in an official context / manner. That ad is bull. Even as a mere phorum poster, I feel somewhat cheated inasmuch as I have constantly promoted visits to phatmass by most Catholics with whom I've had any at-length discussion (not to mention the tracts I've written and distributed with phatmass listed as a suggested resource). I even plugged phatmass in something that has since become included in the Faith Database software. Phatmass dominates - DOMINATES - the internet as the friendliest, hippest, active Catholic forum. There is literally no site that compares to phatmass; I've looked. The closest you get is godspy and monkrock - neither of which provide a populated, active forum. Catholic Answers is neat, but it is far too huge to facilitate friendships between posters. Phatmass provides a real support group. I could go on and on. It is unjust for another site - no matter how nice or Catholic they may otherwise be - to deceptively use the Phatmass name. No. Not right. Even if 4Marks is not formally behind it, they need to be the ones to handle it. Edited June 23, 2009 by Ziggamafu
Lil Red Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 [quote name='Ziggamafu' post='1899424' date='Jun 23 2009, 06:07 AM']Dust, you're being to lenient on this one. Don't let yourself get walked over, here. You would not be a jerk to point out the error in an official context / manner. That ad is bull. Even as a mere phorum poster, I feel somewhat cheated inasmuch as I have constantly promoted visits to phatmass by most Catholics with whom I've had any at-length discussion (not to mention the tracts I've written and distributed with phatmass listed as a suggested resource). I even plugged phatmass in something that has since become included in the Faith Database software. Phatmass dominates - DOMINATES - the internet as the friendliest, hippest, active Catholic forum. There is literally no site that compares to phatmass; I've looked. The closest you get is godspy and monkrock - neither of which provide a populated, active forum. Catholic Answers is neat, but it is far too huge to facilitate friendships between posters. Phatmass provides a real support group. I could go on and on. It is unjust for another site - no matter how nice or Catholic they may otherwise be - to deceptively use the Phatmass name. No. Not right. Even if 4Marks is not formally behind it, they need to be the ones to handle it.[/quote] +J.M.J.+ everything he said. and btw, they never responded to my email. even though they promise to within 48 hours.
Lil Red Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 +J.M.J.+ Catholic Match has a facebook page - i say we go over there and start a discussion on why 4marks.com (and thereby Catholic Match) is doing this. [quote name='Kiddkapps' post='1899405' date='Jun 23 2009, 05:02 AM']4marks is owned and managed by Acolyte, LLC 211 East Grandview Avenue Zelienople, PA 16063 Phone: 888-605-3977 info @ goacolyte dot com "Acolyte deploys its extensive e-marketing resources to generate publicity, drive traffic and develop brand appeal. Strategies include targeted e-mail distribution, proprietary and non-proprietary affiliate programs, marketing integration, paid search as well other non-traditional paid ad network and content advertising. [b]How to get visitors from search engines [/b] How to market by e-mail How to track the results of your campaigns How to measure site/sales effectiveness Design & immplement successful banner ad campaigns Measuring banner ad effectiveness Acquiring highly targeted visitors Acquiring untargeted visitors High ranking in major search engine Building a customer e-mail list "[/quote]
Kiddkapps Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1899578' date='Jun 23 2009, 12:36 PM']+J.M.J.+ everything he said. and btw, they never responded to my email. even though they promise to within 48 hours.[/quote] LOLOL. at least they accepted your email - they blocked me it keeps coming back bouncing....I'm gonna have to fax em or mail em.
Lil Red Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 [quote name='Kiddkapps' post='1899612' date='Jun 23 2009, 10:14 AM']LOLOL. at least they accepted your email - they blocked me it keeps coming back bouncing....I'm gonna have to fax em or mail em.[/quote]+J.M.J.+ i posted a discussion topic on catholic match's facebook page about how to reach them. if that doesn't work, i'll post a discussion topic on "why 4marks.com is promoting deceptive advertising".
Lil Red Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 +J.M.J.+ btw, great job researching!! [quote name='Kiddkapps' post='1899405' date='Jun 23 2009, 05:02 AM']4marks is owned and managed by Acolyte, LLC 211 East Grandview Avenue Zelienople, PA 16063 Phone: 888-605-3977 info @ goacolyte dot com "Acolyte deploys its extensive e-marketing resources to generate publicity, drive traffic and develop brand appeal. Strategies include targeted e-mail distribution, proprietary and non-proprietary affiliate programs, marketing integration, paid search as well other non-traditional paid ad network and content advertising. [b]How to get visitors from search engines [/b] How to market by e-mail How to track the results of your campaigns How to measure site/sales effectiveness Design & immplement successful banner ad campaigns Measuring banner ad effectiveness Acquiring highly targeted visitors Acquiring untargeted visitors High ranking in major search engine Building a customer e-mail list "[/quote]
Lil Red Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 +J.M.J.+ my email to info @ goacolyte dot com bounced back
Kiddkapps Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 [quote name='Lil Red' post='1899621' date='Jun 23 2009, 01:25 PM']+J.M.J.+ btw, great job researching!! [/quote]
Kiddkapps Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 question: who else is a lawyer on here...any lawyers/law clerks/paralegals/law students in PA?
Lil Red Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 [quote name='Kiddkapps' post='1899654' date='Jun 23 2009, 11:39 AM']question: who else is a lawyer on here...any lawyers/law clerks/paralegals/law students in PA?[/quote] +J.M.J.+ CatherineM?
Kiddkapps Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 [quote name='dUSt' post='1899687' date='Jun 23 2009, 03:08 PM']Has anyone tried calling the 888 number?[/quote] no - call them, maybe they want to work for your design company
fides quarens intellectum Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 [quote name='dUSt' post='1896056' date='Jun 19 2009, 02:48 PM']Better idea.... 1. Everyone go here: [url="http://www.google.com/search?q=phatmass.com"]http://www.google.com/search?q=phatmass.com[/url] 2. Click on the Google ad that says "PhatMass Forums". 3. Make a unique post in their forum saying that you got there by clicking on the "PhatMass Forums" ad on Google, and thought you were suppose to be at phatmass.com (provide link) 4. Apologize for wasting their time.[/quote] yeah - i was going to do this, but in order to verify my account, they wanted either my cell phone # for a text message or my credit card #. um, no. That's something you could consider, though, dUSt - just start collecting credit card numbers from new members.
Lil Red Posted June 23, 2009 Posted June 23, 2009 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1899874' date='Jun 23 2009, 03:13 PM']yeah - i was going to do this, but in order to verify my account, they wanted either my cell phone # for a text message or my credit card #. um, no. That's something you could consider, though, dUSt - just start collecting credit card numbers from new members.[/quote] +J.M.J.+ yeah, i thought that was uh, crappy to say the least.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now