An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgy Of The Hours

Resurrexi

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Marie-Therese

Gratias!

I am familiar with that order of brothers, they rock. :punk:

I will inquire if they have a difference...I do know that there are some prayers that are said with certain offices which are Carmelite in focus, but I don't know if that is related to the structure of the office or if they are addendums after the recitation of the office proper.

Thank you, my dear brother.

Roman-Franciscan for me!

I miss it. Why are they SO expensive

I'm hoping that in a few years they'll have kind of combined the OF and the EF breviary somehow... whichever one you do, you miss so many awesome feasts. It would be really nice if we had one with all of them.

Edited by zunshynn

Is it bad I've never even heard of most of what was written in the poll? I just go with what I own, the good ol'regular office.

[quote name='Spence06' post='1918008' date='Jul 12 2009, 02:46 PM']Is it bad I've never even heard of most of what was written in the poll?[/quote]

See [url="http://www.kellerbook.com/SCHEMA~1.HTM"]this[/url].

puellapaschalis

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1912705' date='Jul 6 2009, 08:20 PM']I'm hoping that in a few years they'll have kind of combined the OF and the EF breviary somehow... whichever one you do, you miss so many awesome feasts. It would be really nice if we had one with all of them.[/quote]

Something really needs to be done about the discrepancies between the OF and EF calendars - even leaving aside for a moment the whole thing about having a one year or two/three year cycle of readings and whether you call a bit of the year "Ordinary Time" or "Sundays after Pentecost", there are many new saints' days which don't appear in the EF's year. Which isn't me saying the EF should just take over the OF calendar (I value my kneecaps, thanks), but something needs to be done!

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1922692' date='Jul 17 2009, 10:14 AM']Something really needs to be done about the discrepancies between the OF and EF calendars - even leaving aside for a moment the whole thing about having a one year or two/three year cycle of readings and whether you call a bit of the year "Ordinary Time" or "Sundays after Pentecost", there are many new saints' days which don't appear in the EF's year. Which isn't me saying the EF should just take over the OF calendar (I value my kneecaps, thanks), but something needs to be done![/quote]

The Holy Father discussed adding new Saints to the EF calendar in the letter accompanying [i]Summorum Pontificum[/i], but this is something that would have to be done by the Ecclesia Dei Commission. Currently, said commission is very busy with discussions with the SSPX, so I don't see it happening any time soon.

I do think that new Saints should be added (primarily those whose spirituality was rooted in the EF, e.g. St. Maximilian Kolbe and St. Pio). I think it would be very imprudent to move any existing feasts to make room for the newly canonized Saints, however. The new feasts would therefore have to be placed on days that are now feirae.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1922693' date='Jul 17 2009, 11:14 AM']Why is this on the debate board?[/quote]

I was asking myself the same question.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1922693' date='Jul 17 2009, 09:14 AM']Why is this on the debate board?[/quote]

Because it's Rex's topic. :rolleyes:

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1922915' date='Jul 17 2009, 03:52 PM']Because it's Rex's topic. :rolleyes:[/quote]

:unsure:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1922977' date='Jul 17 2009, 07:12 PM']Couldn't this have been moved to Transmundane Lane instead?[/quote]
Open mic has a bigger audience.

The people who actually care about which psalter translation and schema are used probably post in Transmundane Lane (or Vocation Station).