zunshynn Posted April 18, 2010 Posted April 18, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Marie-Therese' date='28 June 2009 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1246219056' post='1903954'] Rex, since you seem to be the current resident expert on this subject, can you recommend a Carmelite breviary? I currently have the [i]Little Office of the BVM[/i] (Baronius Press) which is in Latin and English, but I have no breviary of the larger office excepting the current NAB breviary, which translation I find abominable. I note that the Monastic Diurnal you linked to is wonderful but seems Benedictine in focus, which is why I wonder that there is a Carmelite equivalent. If not, that Diurnal looks pretty good. Thanks for all the info...the depths of your brain never cease to amaze me. [/quote] MARIE-THERESE! Look what I just found! [url="http://books.google.com/books?id=68w-AAAAYAAJ&pg=PP9#v=twopage&q&f=false"]Breviarium Ordinis fratrum beatissimae Virginis Mariae de monte Carmelo, Pars Aestiva[/url] [url="http://books.google.com/books?id=iNw-AAAAYAAJ&pg=PA362#v=twopage&q&f=false"]Breviarium Ordinis fratrum beatissimae Virginis Mariae de monte Carmelo, Pars Heimalis[/url] I know you don't really like praying the Office online, and this DOES look a little difficult to navigate... but it is public domain, so you can download the PDF file, and you could always maybe find what you wanted for particular Carmelite feasts and print it out... it's pretty awesome I think. All Latin though. They've been in the Library at Harvard since at least 1928, so they're pretty old editions... one of the letters at the beginning is dated 1885. Edited April 18, 2010 by zunshynn
zunshynn Posted April 18, 2010 Posted April 18, 2010 For those who are interested, the Dominican Breviary is also available... [url="http://books.google.com/books?id=p8YHAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=breviarium&lr="]Breviarium juxta ritum sacri Ordinis prædicatorum[/url]
laetitia crucis Posted April 18, 2010 Posted April 18, 2010 [quote name='zunshynn' date='18 April 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1271568148' post='2095461'] For those who are interested, the Dominican Breviary is also available... [url="http://books.google.com/books?id=p8YHAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=breviarium&lr="]Breviarium juxta ritum sacri Ordinis prædicatorum[/url] [/quote] I just saw this a few hours ago: [url="http://dominican-liturgy.blogspot.com/2010/04/dominican-chant-antiphonal-completed.html"]Antiphonarium pro Liturgia Horarum iuxta Usum Ordinis Praedicatorum.[/url] So exciting!!!!!!! *sigh* Chant is so divine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now