An Old School Catholic Message Board

Facebook Changing Again....

littleflower+JMJ

littleflower+JMJ

[url="http://www.nytimes.com/external/readwriteweb/2009/06/24/24readwriteweb-the-day-facebook-changed-messages-to-become-18772.html?em"]http://www.nytimes.com/external/readwritew...e-18772.html?em[/url]

I'm not happy. <_<

+J.M.J.+
grr. <_< this is the first i've heard of it - do they have something on facebook about it yet?

littleflower+JMJ

No i don't think so. They are trying to avoid the outburst over the last change by doing it slowly.

This change is ridiculous. No privacy at all. All for google and more search results? How do you get more search results with people's personal information?

No good. :club:

Deus te Amat

I'm officially thinking about getting rid of my Facebook.

The only problem that as a college student living over a thousand miles from home, and soon going to Rome for five months, I'd quickly lose contact with nearly everyone.

:ohno:

+J.M.J.+
i've made sure all my settings are set that only friends can see my stuff. is that enough?

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1906587' date='Jun 30 2009, 06:41 PM']+J.M.J.+
i've made sure all my settings are set that only friends can see my stuff. is that enough?[/quote]

According to that article, soon it won't matter what your preferences are. You'll have to go on every post and switch it manually to private. :(

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1906589' date='Jun 30 2009, 05:42 PM']According to that article, soon it won't matter what your preferences are. You'll have to go on every post and switch it manually to private. :([/quote]

That would be incredibly annoying.

noo, there is supposedly going to be default settings you can change.
I don't think Facebook is out to get us. The people working at Facebook knows there will be enormous backlash if they forces people to make their private conversations public.

Edited by musturde

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1906589' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:42 PM']According to that article, soon it won't matter what your preferences are. You'll have to go on every post and switch it manually to private. :([/quote]

From the way I understood the article this change would make the default option to public, but when you mark something private you will have the option to make that your default setting (so you'd only have to change it once rather than every single time you post).

[quote]You'll be able each time you publish a message to change that message's privacy setting and [b]from that drop down there's a link to change your default setting.[/b][/quote]

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1906617' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:06 PM']I'm going to rethink facebook. :think:[/quote]

That's good, because facebook is rethinking you. And me.

franciscanheart

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1906613' date='Jun 30 2009, 06:04 PM']From the way I understood the article this change would make the default option to public, but when you mark something private you will have the option to make that your default setting (so you'd only have to change it once rather than every single time you post).[/quote]
That's what I understood as well. :)

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1906613' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:04 PM']From the way I understood the article this change would make the default option to public, but when you mark something private you will have the option to make that your default setting (so you'd only have to change it once rather than every single time you post).[/quote]

That's what I got, too. Not worrying.

goldenchild17

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1906637' date='Jun 30 2009, 06:44 PM']That's what I understood as well. :)[/quote]

same here. methinks people are getting unnecessarily paranoid. If you don't like your stuff public, just switch it back.

IcePrincessKRS

Basically what they're doing is making the default setting the opposite of what it was. It's annoying that we'll have to go in and change it but I'm really not too worried about it.