An Old School Catholic Message Board

Facebook Changing Again....

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1906647' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:56 PM']Basically what they're doing is making the default setting the opposite of what it was. It's annoying that we'll have to go in and change it but I'm really not too worried about it.[/quote]

Ditto. Annoying but minorly so.

Excelsior1027

The problem is that most people probably won't even realize that it changed and that their messages are open for anyone to read.

I am less worried about statuses than photos. If they're going to make photos public that I've set private, I'm not cool with that. I'll be a heckuva lot less willing to put up any photos.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1906577' date='Jun 30 2009, 06:35 PM']I'm officially thinking about getting rid of my Facebook.

The only problem that as a college student living over a thousand miles from home, and soon going to Rome for five months, I'd quickly lose contact with nearly everyone.

:ohno:[/quote]
There's email. I hate to say it, but Facebook isn't the epitome of communication. If they love you, they'll send an old fashioned email (if you ask them to).

And yeah, I'll see how this public/private thing goes. If I don't like it, FB will go to the wayside. I'm already sort of upset about the "new" license agreement.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1906966' date='Jul 1 2009, 02:57 AM']There's email. I hate to say it, but Facebook isn't the epitome of communication. If they love you, they'll send an old fashioned email (if you ask them to).

And yeah, I'll see how this public/private thing goes. If I don't like it, FB will go to the wayside. I'm already sort of upset about the "new" license agreement.[/quote]
What about "new" license agreement?

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1907043' date='Jul 1 2009, 10:39 AM']What about "new" license agreement?[/quote]
That all your content was still owned by facebook, even if you delete your account (they still have the "right" to use it)

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1907289' date='Jul 1 2009, 04:05 PM']I thoguht they reversed that back...? :scratchhead:[/quote]
They did? I hadn't followed up on the dispute.

I checked all my setting today, nothing has changed...what did you guys have to do to get your stuff back to private?

icelandic_iceskater

I didn't notice any changes either... :idontknow:

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1907422' date='Jul 1 2009, 06:31 PM']That all your content was still owned by facebook, even if you delete your account (they still have the "right" to use it)

They did? I hadn't followed up on the dispute.[/quote]
sisi. Too many people threatening to file law suits, since that is not the agreement that they signed up under. Now the stuff is only theirs while it's up there. <_< once you delete it, they no longer have rights to it.

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1907574' date='Jul 1 2009, 08:54 PM']I didn't notice any changes either... :idontknow:

sisi. Too many people threatening to file law suits, since that is not the agreement that they signed up under. Now the stuff is only theirs while it's up there. <_< once you delete it, they no longer have rights to it.[/quote]
Glad the hammer was dropped, though I joined under the "new" agreement. Oh well. I guess the almighty creator of FB was being nice to all his underlings.

sounds like a response to this article [url="http://kottke.org/07/07/facebook-vs-aol-redux"]http://kottke.org/07/07/facebook-vs-aol-redux[/url]

blame that person.

lost_in_this_world

I'm probably among the few who are under 21 and have never had a facebook or a myspace page...and i plan to keep it that way.

browneyes106

I don't like the new Facebook changes. I think people should only have public profiles in their networks if they chose to not for the whole world to see.

CatherineM

I did good to even make a Facebook account, let alone try to figure out how to circumvent their new rules.