An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wimbledon

The Bus Station

CatherineM

I'm happy as long as one of the Williams sisters win, so that hasn't been much of a sweat lately. I do wish someone from England would win occasionally.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1911733' date='Jul 5 2009, 09:40 PM']I'm happy as long as one of the Williams sisters win, so that hasn't been much of a sweat lately. I do wish someone from England would win occasionally.[/quote]

Murray is still young :)

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1911778' date='Jul 5 2009, 10:38 PM']But he's NOT from England :)[/quote]

True. Shame on me!

At least there'll be a British* winner.

("British": the adjective sports commentators use to describe an athlete from Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1911690' date='Jul 5 2009, 01:29 PM']FEDERER WINS :D[/quote]
he is the champion. he is the greatest ever.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1911693' date='Jul 5 2009, 01:32 PM']Roddick put up a great fight.

But still :)
:clap: :punk: :breakdance: :taco: :taco: :taco:[/quote]
Roddick played the best tennis of his life. Such a shame. I hope he comes back.

What a match. Nothing compares to Wimbledon. Its probably my favorite spectacle next to the Masters.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1911731' date='Jul 5 2009, 02:39 PM']Sorry Kaf.[/quote]
:)

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='kafka' post='1911828' date='Jul 5 2009, 11:33 PM']he is the champion. he is the greatest ever.[/quote]

Did you see the part where they played two of his serves at the same time? It was brill. Two times, [i]exactly the same[/i], landed in opposite corners of the service area. There's no way to tell what he'll do.

[quote name='kafka' post='1911828' date='Jul 5 2009, 11:33 PM']Roddick played the best tennis of his life. Such a shame. I hope he comes back.

What a match. Nothing compares to Wimbledon. Its probably my favorite spectacle next to the Masters.[/quote]

We most certainly got value for money :D My dad was starting to root for Roddick, because Federer hadn't broken his service at all, but I knew Roger'd come through :)

And Roddick had better come back. He was so close, he knows that next time he can do it. Federer said as much during his speech. What sportmanship in Roddick's speech, by the way!

Yes, I can rave on about this match for a couple of weeks at least :)

inunionwithrome

Roddick had a hard year. I thought that the commentators said that he had hip surgery 1 year ago. So that is difficult to overcome and fight back for. He sure gave the Swiss a run for his money!

• 6 years later...