An Old School Catholic Message Board

So My Phone Went Through The Washer

eagle_eye222001

Angel*Star

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1910865' date='Jul 4 2009, 06:21 PM']I have the tendency to constantly lose my phone, but I always manage to get it back somehow.[/quote]

Yeah, phones are so small they are easy to lose. And sometimes they fall in the place where the seat belt comes out and since most are black they blend it. It takes an eagle eye to find them. That is why I keep my phone on all the time. Half of my phone calls are to myself so I can find it quickly. :rolleyes:

browneyes106

My brother lost two phones. One was through the washer and the other was through the toilet. The dry rice trick did help me last for about month before he had to have it replaced.

princessgianna

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1910865' date='Jul 4 2009, 05:21 PM']I have the tendency to constantly lose my phone, but I always manage to get it back somehow.[/quote]
You are just special-there is no doubt about it. :)

Anyway Eagle Eye- sorry to hear that,. Stuff happens. :mobile: Good thing it was a cell phone as opposed to your life or something like that. Cause I would miss you :sadder:

:blowkiss:

CatherineM

I haven't lost my cell phone yet. I only use it once or twice a month, so it can be hard to remember to keep it charged.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1911328' date='Jul 5 2009, 02:58 AM']You are just special-there is no doubt about it. :)

Anyway Eagle Eye- sorry to hear that,. Stuff happens. :mobile: Good thing it was a cell phone as opposed to your life or something like that. Cause I would miss you :sadder:

:blowkiss:[/quote]

Awwww thanks. :blush:

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1911537' date='Jul 5 2009, 11:38 AM']I haven't lost my cell phone yet. I only use it once or twice a month, so it can be hard to remember to keep it charged.[/quote]

:lol:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/norbertine+fathers+of+st.+michaels+abbey/track/norbertine+-+exultet"]Norbertine Fathers of St. Michael's Abbey - Norbertine - Exultet[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Christie_M

i always loose my phone...and keys..and shoes...and sometimes myself. :mellow:
haven't gotten it wet though--and i hope i dont cause i still have a few more months on it before i can replace it for free.

i have though dropped it so many times that the front cover (which looks like a mirror) has about 9 different cracks on it.
:unsure:

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1911702' date='Jul 5 2009, 01:52 PM']i always loose my phone...and keys..and shoes...and sometimes myself. :mellow:
haven't gotten it wet though--and i hope i dont cause i still have a few more months on it before i can replace it for free.

i have though dropped it so many times that the front cover (which looks like a mirror) has about 9 different cracks on it.
:unsure:[/quote]

I've dropped mine before. Didn't mind the cracks on it. I'm not too picky when it comes to phones. Would like to get decent use out of it before it hits the dust though. :annoyed:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/ludwig+van+beethoven/track/beethoven%3a+symphony+%239+in+d+minor%2c+op.+125%2c+%22choral%22+-+4.+presto%2c+%22o+freunde%2c+nicht+diese+t%c8%b5ne!%22%2c+allegro+assai"]Ludwig Van Beethoven - Beethoven: Symphony #9 In D Minor, Op. 125, "Choral" - 4. Presto, "O Freunde, Nicht Diese Tȵne!", Allegro Assai[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

missionseeker

I dropped mine in a pond.

And I dropped mine for six feet onto concrete.

And such. :mellow:

So far, I have only had to super glue the antenna back in. :lol:

tinytherese

My cat might have chewed on my cell phone once. There are marks on it and I know that even if I did bite it that my teeth are not that sharp. :lol:

Christie_M

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1912349' date='Jul 5 2009, 11:04 PM']My cat might have chewed on my cell phone once. There are marks on it and I know that even if I did bite it that my teeth are not that sharp. :lol:[/quote]

my baby sister chewed on my phone. :mellow:
on the screen you can see two little indents where her teeth were.

I used to sell cellphones. The dry rice thing works pretty well. Most people make the mistake of trying to turn their phones on after it gets wet. Do not do that! It can short out the phone. Take the battery out of the phone and place phone in the baggy zip tight. Leave it alone for a few days. It might work it might not.