An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Nerds

Deus te Amat

Deus te Amat

If you consider yourself a nerd or geek for any reason, you've found camaraderie in me. This thread is for us to state the reasons why we consider ourselves to be :nerd:y.

:)

Deus te Amat

I, for one, am a Math major minoring in Computer Science... I'm a member of Sigma Pi Sigma (if you know what that is, then you really ARE a geek), I've read more literature than most English majors, and I'm currently reading a text on deductive logic.

I'm sure I'll come back with more, but those are the first, most arbitrary, reasons that come to mind.

Deus te Amat

Oh, one of my goals for the summer is to watch as many episodes of Star Trek as I can, starting from the beginning. I'm almost done with TOS. :mellow:

Deus te Amat

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1911267' date='Jul 5 2009, 01:57 AM']I'm totally into books and dorky TV shows.[/quote]

Yay! What sort of dorky TV shows?

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1911276' date='Jul 5 2009, 02:01 AM']You're as charming as a charm quark. :mellow:[/quote]

That compliment was 2/3e... e for effective. :hehe:

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1911277' date='Jul 5 2009, 12:02 AM']Yay! What sort of dorky TV shows?[/quote]

Futurama, and Brit-Coms mostly. (I used to be able to quote word for word most of the first three seasons of Red Dwarf.)

I'm on the Scholars' Bowl team, so I guess that makes me a nerd.

If you couldn't tell from my posts, I'm a theology nerd too. :nerd:

missionseeker

I've had four majors in three years: Literature, Philosophy, Theology, and Sacred music. Some of them simultaneously.

In my spare time, I like to study. :lol:

i memorize monolouges for fun

jack nicholson's in a few good me

mel gibson's in braveheart

i pretty much can recite the matrix, top gun, and history of the world, part 1.

VeniteAdoremus

I wear t-shirts with the first 4493 digits of π on it. Voluntarily.

My keyboard quick-switches from dvorak to greek to make symbols easier to type.

I typeset personal letters in LaTeX.

hoosieranna

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1911265' date='Jul 5 2009, 01:56 AM']If you consider yourself a nerd or geek for any reason, you've found camaraderie in me. This thread is for us to state the reasons why we consider ourselves to be :nerd:y.

:)[/quote]

Aww, D, you make me smile.

Biggest current reason: I've pre-ordered the final season of BSG, though I did save 40% off the list price. I also can't watch historical shows on TV without looking for flaws to point out. :paperbag:

Edited by Nadezhda