An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Nerds

Deus te Amat

CatherineM

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1912019' date='Jul 5 2009, 07:25 PM']Does anyone else have the complete Dilbert animated series on DVD? :)[/quote]

Yep. I love the one where he is pregnant with an alien child

I still have my Super Nintendo from when I was five, and brought it back to life a while back with q-tips, a delicate cloth, and some dust spray.

My idea of a good time is sitting in a newsroom on a Saturday morning with an iced mocha latte correcting bad grammar.

That said, I have at least 4 pens on me at all times, usually with obscure ink colors...

I'm nearly twenty and I revived my Neopets account.

I enjoy old Genesis games, I love Warhammer 40k, I love Star Trek, Star Wars, scifi in general. I enjoy the History Channel, Discovery Channel, Japanese game shows like Ninja Warrior.

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1912326' date='Jul 6 2009, 12:30 AM']Oh, and browsing Phatmass on the phone with my boyfriend is a bonding experience.[/quote]

Indeed. Also a member of Alpha Phi Sigma (and officer) and Pi Gamma Mu.

missionseeker

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1912326' date='Jul 5 2009, 11:30 PM']Oh, and browsing Phatmass on the phone with my boyfriend is a bonding experience.[/quote]

:yes:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1912047' date='Jul 5 2009, 07:46 PM']Yep. I love the one where he is pregnant with an alien child[/quote]
I like the one with Stephen Hawking. :))

Christie_M

a common conversation with Nick.
the last part though

[quote][01:43] Nick: alright you won that match of flirting
[01:43] Christie: :P
[01:43] Christie: *writes it in the book*
[01:43] Nick: kaching!
[01:44] Christie: *confused look*
[01:44] Nick: sorry
[01:44] Nick: KA-CHING!!
[01:44] Nick: thats the sound of a cash register
[01:44] Christie: ooooooooooooooo
[01:44] Nick: ooooooooo
[01:44] Christie: ....why?
[01:44] Christie: that is so random you know
[01:45] Nick: not really
[01:45] Christie: oh no
[01:45] Nick: you won soo.. that would be the winner sound
[01:45] Nick: oh no?
[01:45] Christie: hehe just that i was over looking something agian
[01:45] Nick: i call a rematch!
[01:45] Christie: YOU'RE ON
[01:46] Christie: *terminator voice* prepare to be defeated
[01:46] Nick: *its impossible... his power level is over 9000!!!*
[01:46] Nick: we are such geeks! :P
[01:47] Christie: LOL[/quote]

:mellow:

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1912320' date='Jul 5 2009, 11:24 PM']I'm nearly twenty and I revived my Neopets account.[/quote]
i revive mine every few months. i think it is about 7 years old by now. :ninja:

Edited by rachael

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1911269' date='Jul 5 2009, 01:58 AM']I, for one, am a Math major minoring in Computer Science... I'm a member of Sigma Pi Sigma (if you know what that is, then you really ARE a geek), I've read more literature than most English majors, and I'm currently reading a text on deductive logic.

I'm sure I'll come back with more, but those are the first, most arbitrary, reasons that come to mind.[/quote]
You know, I think you're an XKCD fan :mellow: You may not know it, but deep down inside, you probably even have a "My Hobby" moment :mellow:

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1911270' date='Jul 5 2009, 01:59 AM']Oh, one of my goals for the summer is to watch as many episodes of Star Trek as I can, starting from the beginning. I'm almost done with TOS. :mellow:[/quote]
Werd. Cue the "Data is so White and Nerdy" youtube vid.

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1911314' date='Jul 5 2009, 02:42 AM']I've had four majors in three years: Literature, Philosophy, Theology, and Sacred music. Some of them simultaneously.

In my spare time, I like to study. :lol:[/quote]
:love:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1912019' date='Jul 5 2009, 08:25 PM']Does anyone else have the complete Dilbert animated series on DVD? :)[/quote]
YES!!!

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1912047' date='Jul 5 2009, 08:46 PM']Yep. I love the one where he is pregnant with an alien child[/quote]
My fav has to be the Blue Duck episode. Yeah. It's pretty phat.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1912350' date='Jul 6 2009, 01:04 AM']I like the one with Stephen Hawking. :))[/quote]
That one's great too! ^_^

"Were there any celebrities who have made out in front of a black hole?"
"... um, no"
"Okay we're done here..." *agreement and muttering in background*

I suppose I'm an honourary geek or something. Used to be a comp nerd, and let that slide. I only pretend to know what I'm talking about. Silence on my part just helps me illusion along :mellow: I sometimes wish I was part Vulcan. I like the logic thing. :lol: Yeah, and there's Dilbert. Good times. And I can recite pi 9 places after the decimal cause in grade 10 I couldn't afford a scientific calculator and "3.14" didn't cut it so I memorized enough digits to fill the calculator, and my answers turned out right ^_^. Good times.

I have at least 146 Star Trek books.
I attend Lego conventions.
I have memorized White'n'Nerdy and several other Weird Al songs.
Speaking of which, X-men comics, you know I collect them.
If I ever got pet mice they would be named Frankie and Benjy.
I once reenacted the Emperor's New Groove with Bionicle characters.
I named my flash drive Colin.
I like to translate memes and such into Spanish.

And OTHER THINGS. Which I would enumerate were it not for the fact that I must now take my leave.

[quote name='rachael' post='1912488' date='Jul 6 2009, 06:17 AM']i revive mine every few months. i think it is about 7 years old by now. :ninja:[/quote]

What's your usename? I'll add you. :mellow: