An Old School Catholic Message Board

Churches

Resurrexi

altar rails  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

eagle_eye222001

Churches look really nice with altar rails. They add a reverent attitude to the place and remind us of the importance that is due to the Real Presence.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/norbertine+fathers+of+st.+michaels+abbey/track/tract+-+qui+confidunt"]Norbertine Fathers of St. Michael's Abbey - Tract - Qui Confidunt[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

VeniteAdoremus

Until the moment, when suddenly you realise...

There is no altar rail.

The only one kneeling is yourself.

TeresaBenedicta

When I'm home, I will often go to this Dominican priory that is near me.... they have an altar rail and everyone kneels at it to receive. Funny enough, I think communion actually goes [i]faster[/i] with altar rails than without. Not that that's the point...

But, the churches I normally go to (my home parish, and then various chapels here on campus) don't have kneeling rails and no one kneels.

I can tell I'm traveling too much when I'm not even sure which my "regular" church is... :(

The one I decided on does have an altar rail, but communion is not distributed there.

VeniteAdoremus

My non-regular church (the one I go to when I'm stuck in the centre of Amsterdam) has and uses communion rails, and the pillows are so plush... I want to kneel there forever :)

goldenchild17

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1911674' date='Jul 5 2009, 12:11 PM']. . .[/quote]

umm... yes and yes :mellow:

Angel*Star

I think our pastor is looking into getting an altar rail. However, as he says, You don't just pick one of those up at Wal-Mart. Give em time!