An Old School Catholic Message Board

Harry Potter And The Half-blood Prince

Resurrexi

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='VoTeckam' post='1914247' date='Jul 8 2009, 07:44 AM']Haha it's a struggle for me as well. Not being able to stay up all night is one of the worst parts about adulthood.[/quote]
I was able to until I got pregnant. Now I go to bed at, like, 10:30. It is pitiful. Taking a nap mid-afternoon sometimes helps though.

[quote name='VoTeckam' post='1914249' date='Jul 8 2009, 07:45 AM']I saw order of the Pheonix on IMAX and I hated it. The movie didnt take up the whole screen so it just seemed odd. I will save my money this time around.[/quote]
I saw Transformers on IMAX and was similarly disappointed. Plus we ended up being in the front row (ugh) so it was a little overwhelming.

CatherineM

Every TV trailer is different. That's a good sign. When a movie only has a couple of good parts, they only show one trailer with that part over and over again.

So I watched HOB's first look on the new Harry Potter movie and I must say I am so bummed. It looks like a good movie bt I am disappointed with all of the liberties they have taken with the story. I feel like JK Rowling wrote 7 TERRIFIC books (with the 6th being one of the best). I was so confused by what they showed on HBO... why change something so awesome?

1) Belatrix is not in the 6th book but she i sall over the the movie.

2) There is no battle at the Weasley's in the 6th book but that is apparently the focus of the 6th movie.

3) They cut out the big battle at Hogwarts??!?!

4) Dobby isn't going to be in the movie (which I think means he will not be in the 7th or 8th movies... and he plays a significant part in the last book).

I'm frustrated. Are there any other HP purists out there??

puellapaschalis

It's coming out here (UK) on Wednesday. On Thursday I'm picking up my little cousin (she's 5) and we're going to go and see it together :))

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1918885' date='Jul 13 2009, 04:14 PM']It's coming out here (UK) on Wednesday. On Thursday I'm picking up my little cousin (she's 5) and we're going to go and see it together :))[/quote]

This might be a pretty intense movie for a 5 year old.

[quote name='VoTeckam' post='1918899' date='Jul 13 2009, 01:30 PM']This might be a pretty intense movie for a 5 year old.[/quote]
Yes, it might be, at least based upon what I have seen in the trailer.

[quote name='VoTeckam' post='1918713' date='Jul 13 2009, 10:56 AM']I'm frustrated. Are there any other HP purists out there??[/quote]

Yeah, but I know there is no way they could follow the books without making each movie 4 parters. I didn't like how they compressed the fireworks with Fred and George leaving in Order of the Phoenix. That's such a great part in the book, I wanted it separate.