An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mr. Bean

QuoteMan

Mr. Bean!!!  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love Mr. Bean!!! BTW, sorry if I didn't get all the episodes, or the right titles...(That's all I could think of!)

This show only had about five reoccurring characters; Teddy, Bean, Irma (Bean's girlfriend), Bean's car, and that odd-looking blue three-wheeled car... My family have most of the episodes taped on VHS, so I watch these every once-and-a-while....

One last question (I couldn't fit it in the poll): Which Mr. Bean movie is better?

A)Bean
B)Mr. Bean's Holiday

I scoff at those who've never heard of Mr. Bean...

Edited by QuoteMan

GAAA!

sorry...

*ahem

How can you not know about Mr. Bean? Is it only a Canadian thing?

Here:
Mr. Bean is a British comedy television series of 14 half-hour episodes starring Rowan Atkinson as the title character. Different episodes were written by Rowan Atkinson, Robin Driscoll, Richard Curtis and one by Ben Elton. The self-titled first episode was broadcast on ITV on 1 January 1990, with the final episode, Goodnight, Mr. Bean, on 31 October 1995.

Based on a character developed by Rowan Atkinson at university, the series followed the exploits of Mr. Bean, described by Atkinson as "a child in a grown man's body", in solving various problems presented by everyday tasks and often causing disruption in the process.

During its five year run the series gained large UK audience figures, including 18.74 million for the 1992 episode "The Trouble With Mr. Bean".The series has been the recipient of a number of international awards, including the Rose d'Or, and has had an enduring effect on popular culture. The show has been sold in over 200 territories worldwide, and has inspired two feature films and an animated cartoon spin-off.

(yes, that's from Wikipedia)

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1912579' date='Jul 6 2009, 10:25 AM']There's a new Mr. Bean movie?

:woot:[/quote]

Sorta... I'm talking about that Mr. Bean's Holiday, so it's not really new, but new-ish.... :rolleyes:

Theologian in Training

I love Rowan Atkinson (Mr. Bean) This is by far one of my favs

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2Ygypvuks"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2Ygypvuks[/url]

DemonSlayer

I prefered Bean to Mr. Bean's Holiday, since it was more of an actual movie, even if it was very different to the show. Mr Bean is one the greatest TV shows ever made, I also liked his short lived show, The Thin Blue Line.

Anyone remember him from 'Black Adder'?

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/19/Blackadder_III_-_Dish_and_Dishonesty.jpg[/img]

sarcasmguy126

I've never seen "Bean", but "Mr. Bean's Holiday" and "Johnny English" sre both funny, "Johnny" more so....

CatherineM

They show his Christmas episode here every year. It is sad and funny at the same time.

icelandic_iceskater

I OD'd on Mr. Bean- 15 hours of episodes in two days- back in 9th grade. I've been clean of Mr. Bean ever since.