An Old School Catholic Message Board

Changing Your Own Oil

Brother Adam

[quote name='Winchester' post='1913199' date='Jul 6 2009, 11:42 PM'][img]http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/freshloaf/files/2008/12/shut-up-hippy.jpg[/img][/quote]

:lol_roll: You crack me up man.

franciscanheart

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1912952' date='Jul 6 2009, 06:35 PM']Hughey, I find assuming the worst in those circumstances is often more telling of that persons overall perception of another person than of that person.[/quote]
I don't follow. :wacko:

If you're saying that me saying that you seem like the kind of person that would do something like that is more telling of my perception of you than of your actual personality, I'd have to disagree. Of course, we can never be sure how others will perceive us. It's all that inside stuff that warps a person's sense of reality. That goes for anyone. I don't know what reality you're living in, therefore, I cannot tell how you will perceive me, even when I am what I believe to be perfectly realistic.

CatherineM

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1913419' date='Jul 7 2009, 09:04 AM']I don't follow. :wacko:

If you're saying that me saying that you seem like the kind of person that would do something like that is more telling of my perception of you than of your actual personality, I'd have to disagree. Of course, we can never be sure how others will perceive us. It's all that inside stuff that warps a person's sense of reality. That goes for anyone. I don't know what reality you're living in, therefore, I cannot tell how you will perceive me, even when I am what I believe to be perfectly realistic.[/quote]

What did you have for breakfast? I sound like that when I've been up all night.

Brother Adam

I'm saying assuming the worst of people will always lead to one's own folly. It is best to model ourselves after the saints in this regard, assuming that we are truly the worst sinner and that all others not only have larger crosses to carry than our own, but that they are holier people than we are. For example, that is why I came back to phatmass from a long stint away a while ago - I truly believe you and everyone here are people of good will.

If I or anyone ever does commit a civil crime, I hope we are caught so that we may learn from our mistake.

Catherine, I will have to look for one of those.

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1912752' date='Jul 6 2009, 01:13 PM']But Todd told me too.[/quote]
I didn't tell you to advertise the fact. Secrecy! The key is secrecy.

inunionwithrome

We have things here called Convience Sites. You can do your recycling there, bring yard waste, and even recylcle your used oil. Maybe you have something of the same?

CatherineM

When I was a kid, my dad used to pour it along the fence line to kill the weeds. Didn't think anything about it either. None of us did back then.

haha it helps that my dad is best friends with a mechanic. We just bring the old oil to kevin and he does whatever needs done with it.