An Old School Catholic Message Board

Listerine

homeschoolmom

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1913279' date='Jul 6 2009, 11:36 PM']The strips are pretty disgusting, but the mouthwash is good.[/quote]
You're supposed to spit it out, Rexi. :mellow:

VeniteAdoremus

My dad's Listerine smells like motor oil.

I prefer mine. Also I'm not allergic to it.

eagle_eye222001

I remember when it was hip to have Listerine strips on the playground. :mellow:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/agent+of+chaos+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - Agent Of Chaos (Album Version)[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

homeschoolmom

I remember "smoking" candy cigarettes on the playground. They were tasty. Why in the world would you leave Listerine strips on the playground?

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1914234' date='Jul 8 2009, 06:54 AM']I remember "smoking" candy cigarettes on the playground. They were tasty. Why in the world would you leave Listerine strips on the playground?[/quote]
Those were tasty. And I did not turn out to be a smoker.

I don't understand the playground connection though.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1914236' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:57 AM']Those were tasty. And I did not turn out to be a smoker.

I don't understand the playground connection though.[/quote]
Well, I'm pretty sure that a) You can't buy candy cigarettes anymore (though we bought some in Winnipeg a couple of years ago) and b) if you could, you would not be allowed to smoke 'em on the school playground. We were wild back in the day. :unsure: I'm trying to figure out the "wildness" of Listerine strips.

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1913343' date='Jul 7 2009, 05:31 AM']Yeah my uncle drinks Listerine when he can't get any alcohol. Cheap quick fix to get drunk.[/quote]

wait... isn't that bad for you?

[quote name='musturde' post='1914239' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:05 AM']wait... isn't that bad for you?[/quote]
Well, it's certainly not good for you.

[quote name='musturde' post='1914239' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:05 AM']wait... isn't that bad for you?[/quote]

Well, if it has fluoride in it then it can be especially dangerous. Ingesting too much flouride can cause stomach ulcers and even death, if large enough quantities are consumed.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1914238' date='Jul 8 2009, 09:04 AM']Well, I'm pretty sure that a) You can't buy candy cigarettes anymore[/quote]

they have them at the gas station by my house. you can get a box of them for 25 cents. my little brother gets them all the time.

I also remember it being cool to have listerine strips on the playground. We would see who could keep them in their mouth for longer without making a face.

I always won :mellow:

homeschoolmom

Oh... HAVE them... I thought you would just leave the Listerine strips on the ground for unsuspecting children to find and consume... :blush: Okay... now it makes sense....

I have a friend who used them as portable discipline for her son for when he got mouthy. But then he developed a taste for them. I don't advocate that, by the way.

heavenseeker

[quote name='mcts' post='1913284' date='Jul 7 2009, 12:43 AM']i love the strips![/quote]
i do too! the first one i ever had was over powering but i got used to them quickly and pop then in like a mint