An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Will Continue Being Awesome As I Sleep

T-Bone _

Ummm....Excuse me?

I obviously meant that I my awesome aspects shall now pass from an actualized manifestation of my being to a mere potentiality. Awesomeness is an intentional function of cognition, and consequently cannot be actualized when the cognition is in a resigned state as in sleep.

You're claim that awesomeness may retain its actualization while the cognitive faculties are resigned is refuted in both Aquinas, and latter the First Vatican Council document [i]Awesomenatus Enactus[/i]

[quote name='Hassan' post='1914391' date='Jul 8 2009, 01:53 PM']You're claim that awesomeness may retain its actualization while the cognitive faculties are resigned is refuted in both Aquinas, and latter the First Vatican Council document [i]Awesomenatus Enactus[/i][/quote]
:think:

So is awesomeness a mode or quality of being? I am in the state of awesomeness therefore while conscious I perform awesome expressions and deeds, while unconscious the state remains but the manifestation lies dormant?

:lol:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Hassan' post='1914391' date='Jul 8 2009, 12:53 PM']Ummm....Excuse me?

I obviously meant that I my awesome aspects shall now pass from an actualized manifestation of my being to a mere potentiality. Awesomeness is an intentional function of cognition, and consequently cannot be actualized when the cognition is in a resigned state as in sleep.

You're claim that awesomeness may retain its actualization while the cognitive faculties are resigned is refuted in both Aquinas, and latter the First Vatican Council document [i]Awesomenatus Enactus[/i][/quote]
Me too. :mellow:

piano_freak184

[quote name='Hassan' post='1914391' date='Jul 8 2009, 01:53 PM']Ummm....Excuse me?

You're claim that awesomeness may retain its actualization while the cognitive faculties are resigned is refuted in both Aquinas, and latter the First Vatican Council document [i]Awesomenatus Enactus[/i][/quote]
Woah...you actually sounded... [i]smart[/i].

piano_freak184

Hassan and philosophy... it's not cohesive.

Edited by piano_freak184