An Old School Catholic Message Board

Time Flies

lost_in_this_world

lost_in_this_world

so i'm beginning to realize how fast time really does go. i mean now im turnign 21 and will soon be a senior in college...this year marked the 6th anniversary of my friend's murder...its just crazy. and weird to think im almost done with school. wow.

You only think you're done with school until they rope you into Grad School. :mellow: And it does go faster the older you get, at least from my two years older than thou perception. ;)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1914349' date='Jul 8 2009, 12:27 PM']It only goes faster the older you get. ;)[/quote]
And once you have kids... Zip!

[quote name='lost_in_this_world' post='1914345' date='Jul 8 2009, 12:23 PM']so i'm beginning to realize how fast time really does go. i mean now im turnign 21 and will soon be a senior in college...[b]this year marked the 6th anniversary of my friend's murder[/b]...its just crazy. and weird to think im almost done with school. wow.[/quote]
Oh my gosh :(

One of my favorite songs on this topic: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLLEBAQLZ3Q"]Sunrise, Sunset[/url]. It captures the bittersweetness of the passage of time in such a poignant way.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1914449' date='Jul 8 2009, 04:42 PM']Wait until you realize you have more years behind you than ahead.[/quote]

That could be any of us... eesh.

CatherineM

[quote name='VoTeckam' post='1914498' date='Jul 8 2009, 03:49 PM']That could be any of us... eesh.[/quote]

Yes, it's a possibility when you are 20, but a certainty in your late 40's.

heavenseeker

[quote name='lost_in_this_world' post='1914345' date='Jul 8 2009, 12:23 PM']so i'm beginning to realize how fast time really does go. i mean now im turnign 21 and will soon be a senior in college...this year marked the 6th anniversary of my friend's murder...its just crazy. and weird to think im almost done with school. wow.[/quote]
i know what you mean, i'm sorta been thinking the same thing. its also going to be my senior year and the 4th year sense one of my high school classmates died. its crazy thinking about how long ago that was yet being able to vividly remember being in a class with her. it seems like every year goes by a little faster than the last.

Maximilianus

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1914349' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:27 AM']It only goes faster the older you get. ;)[/quote]

It was 2008 last week....or at least that how it seems to me. :huh:

heavenseeker

[quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1914530' date='Jul 8 2009, 05:16 PM']life is like a roll of toilet paper...[/quote]
:lol_roll: thats great! i never thought of it like that before but that is how it seems

Sacre Couer VHM

I agree with that. I'll be 26 in 18 days and I don't even have my college education completed! I kept changing my major so I went back and got enrolled in a vocational program which I finished, but I can't get a job with it. I'm a Nursing Assistant and I'm certified an everything... :annoyed:

CatherineM

[quote name='Sacre Couer VHM' post='1914722' date='Jul 8 2009, 06:04 PM']I agree with that. I'll be 26 in 18 days and I don't even have my college education completed! I kept changing my major so I went back and got enrolled in a vocational program which I finished, but I can't get a job with it. I'm a Nursing Assistant and I'm certified an everything... :annoyed:[/quote]

I'm 47 and still in college. Someday I hope to figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up.