An Old School Catholic Message Board

Time Flies

lost_in_this_world

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='heavenseeker' post='1914568' date='Jul 9 2009, 12:55 AM']i know what you mean, i'm sorta been thinking the same thing. its also going to be my senior year and the 4th year sense one of my high school classmates died. its crazy thinking about how long ago that was yet being able to vividly remember being in a class with her. it seems like every year goes by a little faster than the last.[/quote]

It's called a quarter-life-crisis and it's all the rage :)

Strange, I have been thinking about a friend who died as well. Not too long anymore and I will have lived longer without him than with him. In my head he aged just like me, but when I visit his parents it's full of pictures of this twelve-year-old kid...

Deus te Amat

I was born in 1990. I have such a hard time remembering it's not the 90's anymore... let alone almost 2010.

Sacre Couer VHM

[quote name='Sacre Couer VHM' post='1914722' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:04 PM']I agree with that. I'll be 26 in 18 days and I don't even have my college education completed! I kept changing my major so I went back and got enrolled in a vocational program which I finished, but I can't get a job with it. I'm a Nursing Assistant and I'm certified an everything... :annoyed:[/quote]

I thought about being a nurse, but then I am looking into being a cloistered nun, so I didn't know if I wanted to do that. I'm on the verge of looking into being a librarian. I love to read, but I don't know if a Bachelors in Library Science will suffice or if I have to get my Masters... I plan to be in a convent by the time I'm 30, I just have to figure out where...

Deus te Amat

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1914745' date='Jul 8 2009, 07:21 PM']I'm still not over people from the 90's being in college already :)[/quote]

:hehe: Sorry. :)

Neither am I. :unsure: How'd I get here?

VeniteAdoremus

I used to do PR for the physics department, and I was taking down some high schooler's details for our mailing list, and he was born in... 1994... you know, when I was learning to play church organ, that time.

How come you're suddenly old enough to form a coherent sentence, let alone want a copy of the flyer in which I explain special relativity?

All the people who are twice my age are laughing so hard now :)

Sacre Couer VHM

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1914757' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:28 PM']I used to do PR for the physics department, and I was taking down some high schooler's details for our mailing list, and he was born in... 1994... you know, when I was learning to play church organ, that time.

How come you're suddenly old enough to form a coherent sentence, let alone want a copy of the flyer in which I explain special relativity?

All the people who are twice my age are laughing so hard now :)[/quote]

LOL, with this rate, you'll be an old woman popping wheelies in the parking lot at the nursing home!

"Where's my prune juice?!??!?"

:lol_roll:

Seriously, I kid. :saint:

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='Sacre Couer VHM' post='1914744' date='Jul 8 2009, 07:20 PM']I thought about being a nurse, but then I am looking into being a cloistered nun, so I didn't know if I wanted to do that. I'm on the verge of looking into being a librarian. I love to read, but I don't know if a Bachelors in Library Science will suffice or if I have to get my Masters... I plan to be in a convent by the time I'm 30, I just have to figure out where...[/quote]

Hmm. If you're nearly 26, unless you already have the BLS, I wouldn't think you'd want to get another degree? There are low-level jobs in libraries that don't need a library degree, there's also bookstores, and perhaps you could find a nursing job that wouldn't be long-term. We hijacked a thread of InHisLove on the vocations/jobs topic.... [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=95925"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=95925[/url] Lilllabettt had some useful ideas.

What does the VHM stand for by the way? :)

Sacre Couer VHM

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1914761' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:32 PM']Hmm. If you're nearly 26, unless you already have the BLS, I wouldn't think you'd want to get another degree? There are low-level jobs in libraries that don't need a library degree, there's also bookstores, and perhaps you could find a nursing job that wouldn't be long-term. We hijacked a thread of InHisLove on the vocations/jobs topic.... [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=95925"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=95925[/url] Lilllabettt had some useful ideas.

What does the VHM stand for by the way? :)[/quote]

I don't have any sort of degree at all. I only have my high school diploma and the certificate. :( I'll have to look into what you mentioned. I have applied to be a volunteer at one of my local public libraries to see if I like it. :)

The VHM stands for the Visitation of Holy Mary. I am discerning with the Visitation order, plus I am personally devoted to the Sacred Heart and St. Margaret Mary, as you probably know was a Visitation nun. :D

heavenseeker

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1914739' date='Jul 8 2009, 07:17 PM']I was born in 1990. I have such a hard time remembering it's not the 90's anymore... let alone almost 2010.[/quote]
wow ok im not that bad. i have a hard time with it being 2009. lately when i have to date something i have been wanting t oput 05 or 06 for some reason :blink: , useualy its only doing the year before.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1914745' date='Jul 8 2009, 07:21 PM']I'm still not over people from the 90's being in college already :)[/quote]
im the same way! yet sometimes im shocked that im even as far into college as i am. im going to be 22 before classes start back up but am still shocked that its going to be my senior year already. i can still remember what seat i sat in for some of my classes from 7th grade and where almost everyone else sat.

Angel*Star

I'm not over the fact my oldest of of drinking age. :mellow:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1914737' date='Jul 8 2009, 06:15 PM']It's called a quarter-life-crisis and it's all the rage :)[/quote]
I was the first of anyone I know to switch majors. . .
About six months before any of us started university. I'm proud.

For years and years I was positive that the only thing I wanted to do was be a doctor. Then I realized..... no, I really don't.

CatherineM

[quote name='Angel*Star' post='1914797' date='Jul 8 2009, 06:59 PM']I'm not over the fact my oldest of of drinking age. :mellow:[/quote]

My youngest is going to be 21 in a couple of months. I feel your pain.